Really like this watch. The leather band is a little stiff at first but has started to soften up slightly after repeated wearing. Keeps accurate time, so far. I have banged the watch off of the corner of my desk a few times and the face of the watch has held up fine - no scratches. The watch is big but not cartoonish big. It's a nice size. I've gotten numerous compliments.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? The face of the watch looks darker on the web site. Looks better in person.
- How accurate was the sizing? very
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is good, except for the band - may replace the band soon. Too stiff.
This was a retirement gift for a fellow worker. He liked the large numbers,and could read without his glasses.
- Did the image onsite match the product? yes
- Did the product fit true to size? yes
- How is the quality of the product? I gave it as a gift.
A nice looking watch for dress or casual; I particularly like the automatic, mechanical movement as opposed to a quartz movement. The watch seems to keep good time. The date window is virtually impossible to read. The band quality is not great and because of the tight loops, I believe will start showing creases very soon. The crystal is flush with the top of the case which looks nice but might make it more prone to damage.
This watch is masculine and beautiful. The face is dark, blue-black with a mother of pearl finish which will be seen from an oblique angle. The numerals are large. The date is not so legible for 50 year old eyes. The watch has the look and feel of quality which I have some experience in discerning being frugal and investigative over the years. The company has a long and positive career in the watch making industry. Get a ruler out and make sure 42 mm face is acceptable.
This watch is larger than anypictures on the web will let on but that is part of the charm of the watch. The size of the watch calls attention to your wrist while its simplicity and elegance ensures that it is not overbearing. The watch is also very well made. Great work Sturhling!
This watch doesn't look anything like the picture on the website. The dial is covered with a wrinkled piece of hologram like paper. The watch is missing the crown and is thus useless. The leather band is very poor quality. The numbers on the watch are silver in color, not white like on the photo. Reading the date is almost impossible without a magnifying glass. The user manual states "Respect for the Art and Tradition of the Swiss Watchmaking Legend" but the watch is made in China. I'm more impressed with the box the watch came in than the watch itself. If this watch was working, I'd be willing to pay $10 to $20 for it.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? The dial on this watch does not look anything like the dial on the watch you receive. The dial is covered with a wrinkled cheap hologram like paper.
- How accurate was the sizing? ok
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The leather band and paper dial are very poor quality. The watch I received was missing the crown. Talk about poor quality control...
Beautiful watch! Received so many compliments on it until my 20 year old daughter "borrowed" it and it is now hers!! :)
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? very accurate
- How accurate was the sizing? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. nice quality
This purchase is a Christmas gift - but I believe it will be happily received!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Very accurate
- How accurate was the sizing? Seemed a little bigger when I got it, but it's OK
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Appears to be high quality
The watch look good and keeps accurate time only I wish the screen would be just black not black mother pearl , it's just harder to read time to me.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Good
- How accurate was the sizing? Big
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great
Had an issue with the first watch I ordered - might have been damaged in transit or came with a faulty battery. Overstock replaced the watch immediately with no problems. The new watch so far has been working fine (3 days) and I even received complements from three different people the first day I wore it to work!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Doesn't show the pearl aspect of the watch to its full beauty
- How accurate was the sizing? fine
This is my first ever "Automatic" watch. The black Mother of Pearl face with Arabic letters is very classy. The watch has a very distinctive appearance and I am proud to "show off" to family and friends. While I have had only for a day, thus far I am very pleased and would highly recommend. In fact, my plans will be this watch will be included as an heirloom to one of my grandsons.
I got this watch for formal occasions, to go with the black shoes and belt, etc. I've gotten many compliments on it and I really like the style. Its sizable with a good weight, but not overbearing, it makes a statement without looking gauche. This was my first automatic watch, and I've been frustrated that, when I'm not wearing it, it losses time. When I've had it off for more than, say 12-13 hours, it runs down and I have to reset the time when I put it back on. I don't know if this is a common problem with automatic watches, if you are planning on wearing this watch exclusively, its not a problem and for the price I paid on overstock.com I can't complain. But it is still obnoxious.