I really like this watch. This is actually the second one that I purchased as the first was lost. The only issue that I have with this watch is the accuracy. The first one that I had ran fast and the one I have now runs slow. Not a big deal, but minor time adjustments are needed ever two or three days. If you want that accuracy - buy a Rolex... An automatic watch is a mechanical watch - no batteries... You can wind it manually or it automatically winds itself with the movement of your wrist. If you wear it everyday, you never have to wind it. Most mechanical watches are really thick and are awkward to wear because your shift sleeve will not go over it. This watch is thinner and classic - really is nice.
This is a great watch but remember you need to allways wear it or have it on an auto winder to maintain current time and date. For someone like me who trades off watches this is just another pain I choose not to deal with. If you choose to purchase this remember to buy an auto winder to go with it.
This is the most beautiful watch i have ever owned!!! But a screw came loose in the gears and now it doesn't work. I've sent it off to get fixed and am ready to put it back on wrist.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Better in person
- How accurate was the sizing? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. broke after 3 weeks
As others have stated you must wear the watch to keep it moving. It is easy to set the time and date after the watch sits for a day. It's the most beautiful watch in my 7 watch collection. I bought other watches like Victorinox and Wenger for their accuracy and dependability. I bought this watch strictly on looks and it certainly does not disappoint. Almost like wearing a work of art on your wrist! The band is very stylish and comfortable. I can see wearing this watch in any situation.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? The watch was exactly as the photo showed.
- How accurate was the sizing? I was expecting it to be slightly thinner but it works for me.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Just received the watch last week but it seems very accurate and it is the most beautiful watch in my limited collection.
This is a beautiful addition to my watch collection. Unfortunately I don't wear it every day so when I decide to wear it the watch has stopped and the calendar has to be re-adjusted to current date. Call me lazy but it discourages me from even picking it up. Too bad because it is very handsome.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Identical
- How accurate was the sizing? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Could be better.
I bought this watch for myself and I am very happy with the purchase. It is beautiful and very sophisticated. Lots of positive comments about how it looks every time I have it on. Great buy!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? The product was a lot better than the image.
- How accurate was the sizing? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Superb
It was a lot bigger than I expected . I just dont wear it that much because it is too big for me
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? it was bigger than I thought
- How accurate was the sizing? not good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. ok
Very nice automatic watch. You have to wear it regularly: after one day not wearing the watch it stops. It seams to run a little bit too fast: one minute per day. So far I'm satisfied with the watch. Handling and shipment though were very expensive compared to the price of the watch.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Exactly
- How accurate was the sizing? Very
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality looks allright
This is my first Stuhrling watch, and I am extremely pleased with the quality, style, appearance and functionality of this watch. Everything from the packaging to the transparent view of the internal working of the 20-jewel mechanism, to the comfortable, fine leather band evokes high quality, and I would gladly purchase another.
- Did the image onsite match the product? Yes
- Did the product fit true to size? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Excellent
It looks and feels different than any other watch I've ever owned. Artisan craftsmanship with detailing on the band clasp, stem, and face. Excellent va;ue!
- Did the image onsite match the product? Yes - looks better in person
- Did the product fit true to size? n/a
- How is the quality of the product? Top notch
I started collecting watches in May 2010 and I have 24 watches now.So far 5 are Sthurling and I have 5 planned purchases for Sthurlings Automatics.The grey corvette is quietly striking.It a distiguished timepiece that when I look at it I still don't know how the movement was put in thewatch body! The body shaped in such a way it fits very comfortably on your wrist.This watch has that look that never goes out of style,a fighter pilot gould wear it to a bag boy this watch is for all groups and ages.
My dad really likes the watch. The reason for 4 stars is because he had trouble trying to figure out how to keep the watch wound, as the directions are a little confusing at times. It claims to be an automatic watch, but after a few days of not wearing it, he has to manually wind the watch again...it doesn't automatically return itself to the correct time by arm movement, as I thought it would. Maybe it is my misunderstanding of what an "automatic" watch is supposted to do, or maybe WE just don't know what the heck we're doing!. Nevertheless, it's a nice watch...just read the directions carefully if you don't know much about automatic watches.
Most watches out there in this price range are pretty standard fare, and not automatic. This Stuhrling is very individual, well designed, and seems to be all they say it is. I will say that I have received several compiments. One other thing: don't exercise vigorously with this watch. After doing just that for a couple of hours, I noticed that the watch was about 15 minutes fast. That is the only time it has done that, so I imagine the self-winding mechanism was overwound? Dunno. Probably too nice looking a watch to be exercising in anyway...
Beautiful watch, works dressed up and casual. Instructions are a bit confusing - I'm assuming what is meant by not adjusting the date between 2100 and 0400 is when the watch reads between 9pm and 4am, but you wouldn't know the AM/PM when first receiving the watch - a minor point. For a small wrist the strap is a bit long.
I received this watch as a graduation gift. I'm not that into watches, but I wear it on dress up occasions. Due to the little research I've done on the watch & this company, they both seem to be very classy. I would call it a great upscale watch that's not cheap, but not overly expensive. I've only had it for a couple weeks, and the only concern I may have is the wind up feature on the back. I believe its similar to how watches you use to be before batteries-I just hope I don't have to wear it everyday in order for it to operate.