I like good quality wrist watches right around the $100 / $150 range. I've been happy with both my quartz Wenger and Victorinox watches, but I wanted to try a self winder, (automatic) since dealing with watch batteries is sort of a pain. My first automatic watch (not this one) was a disappointment because it ran way fast and was really too big. The Seiko 5 however is awesome! Unlike most automatics, this one is a nice normal size and is quite accurate for a mechanical watch. If you are not familiar with mechanical watches, you must understand that they can never beat quartz accuracy, but many are 'close enough for jazz' shall we say. This watch amazed me in a few ways. At first, I was unsure how to sync the watch since pulling out the crown to adjust the hands does not stop the sweep hand. Then I realized that you can stop the sweep hand by turning the crown ever so slightly ccw. Get this: Keep going ccw, and the sweep hand GOES CCW! This makes it easy to sync once you get the hang of it. Also nice, is that the single crown handles all the settings, and is neatly tucked away. I prefer leather bands, but this synthetic mesh band is very nice, and I don't see replacing it prematurely if ever. If you've been thinking about buying an automatic, do yourself a favor and get a Seiko 5.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Exactly
- How accurate was the sizing? No Problem
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Materials, graphics and workmanship all appear excellent.
The watch is very good looking and goes with many colors. The only bad thing is, the watch is self winding, and if it sits overnight without movement, you have to reset the time, date and day.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Great
- How accurate was the sizing? fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Looks like it will hold up for ever.