I bought this watch about 6 months ago, and it looked as nice as the pictures indicated. The band was a bit too big, but I removed some links and it fit great. My gripe with the watch is that it's nearly impossible to replace the battery. After a whopping six months of use, my battery died today. I have a full watch-repair kit with all the necessary tools, so I thought it shouldn't be a problem to pop the battery out and put in a fresh one, as I have done this about a dozen times before with other watches. I spent a good 45 minutes trying to pry the watch back off using the proper tools. When that failed, I risked scratching the watch back by using some small screwdrivers from the garage. Success! I quickly swapped the batteries and went to gently push the stainless steel back on. No go. I tried and nudged and pushed for a good half hour. I then tried the tiny hammer in my watch repair kit to "tap" it into place. Still no luck. After over an hour of unsuccessful attempts, and with one bloody knuckle, I finally took out the biggest hammer I could find and proceeded to PULVERIZE this watch. Needless to say, I will NOT be replacing it with another Relic by Fossil watch.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? product is as pictured
- How accurate was the sizing? band ran big, needed adjustment
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. sub-standard
Received this as a gift from my Mom, and it is a rather large watch, but I love it, and have received many compliments on it. It looks more expensive than it is, my battery died after a few weeks, but I took it to my local jeweler, and it only cost about $5 and he changed it out for me. This watch will look great this summer.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Close
- How accurate was the sizing? True
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great
Love It! Its is beautiful. The sterling silver and the brilliant white look great together. The face of the watch is stunning with the mother of pearl and detail. As with some of the other reviews, the band length is long. I did not want to fool with it myself so I took it to a jeweler to remove some of the links. Great watch.
I bought the watch as a gift for my daughter. She was pleased with the style and weight. She took the watch to a jeweler to shorten the wristband. The thing she did not like was it was not water resistence as stated and the reason I bought it. Water got inside after a brief exposure to the pool. It did not dry out quickly either. Both she and I were disappointed the watch did not live up to its promise.
When I received this watch my daughter in law was with me and said" I have the same watch - my sister gave it to me" I asked her if she knew how much she paid for it and she said oh she got a bargain - only paid $65.00. Their was a tag on my watch that said $85.00 so she thought that's what I paid. When I told her what I paid through Overstock she was shocked and I was so happy because I knew I just got a great watch. It is beautiful. very good fit too. I have a small wrist and usually have to remove several links but this was perfect.
I needed a new summer watch and came across this one. I love it. The price was great and the quality high. The face of the watch also makes it look much more expensive than it is. Overall very happy with the purchase.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? very accurate
- How accurate was the sizing? very accurate
I REALLY LIKE THE WATCH,PAIRS WELL WITH MY OTHER STAINLESS STEEL BRACELETS. WISH IT HAD MORE OF THE MOTHER OF PEARL LOOK,AS WAS IN THE DESCRIPTION. OVERALL,VERY HAPPY WITH THE WATCH.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? somewhat disappointed with Mother of Pearl face. Not very easy to see any.
- How accurate was the sizing? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very nice
Beautiful watch. I wear it almost exclusively now that the warmer weather is here. I am quite pleased with the purchase and would definitely buy it again.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Exactly what was shown.
- How accurate was the sizing? Fits very loosely like a bracelet which is what I wanted.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality. Very big and sturdy. I am rather small though so it is a little oversized for me.
I have been looking for a watch that is different. I love the clasp and the colors.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? exactly
- How accurate was the sizing? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. love the clasp
This watch is really nice, and worth every penny. The price is excellent for the quality of the watch. High quality parts and workmanship, and the mother of pearl face is very attractive. I love this watch and would highly recommend it. I get compliments every time I wear it.