The long backing is so long that it hits the back of your neck and work the earring out. They literally look like long skinny sticks and just didn't really work for me. I think had they been a bit thicker they would have been better. I expected them to be ticker than they were.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? slightly deceiving
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. the silver was hollow and thus was very easy to bend.
I had a similar pair of earrings and the wire broke after bending and wear/tear. I was so sad - and then I found these! They're really cute in your ears, and they came in a bag they can be stored in. I'm going to take special care of them to ensure I don't weaken the wire and hope these last a long time. I do recommend putting rubber stoppers on to keep these from falling out of your ears. They fell out countless times between morning and lunch - as I had o a turtleneck sweater that helped dislodge them. Luckily I didn't lose one! I guess if you have a really super long neck you wouldn't need backers... but I recommend them anyway.
I love these earrings. The look is different. The only problem is that they didn't stay in my ears!!! Three times a c-worker found it. I tried to close them but it ruined the shape. You def need a clear backing for them or your sticks will disappear. At the end of the day they were both gone. I found one in my bra and one on the office floor. I had already purchased another pair so I have 2 pair now.
My new "go to" earrings! These make a simple, classic, elegant statement. Light as air- Yet substantial enough to really polish your look. They're long & slender, falling just short (~ 1/2" - 1" less) of chin length... Which evokes an overall tall & slender appearance! I selected the 18K gold coating- Thankfully, these earrings are treated to protect against tarnish (I no longer buy any other kind of earring!). I have a small face, slender neck, delicate features (I've been told my whole life), & am 5'5", slender, w/ mid-back hair length. I can't wear the giant / substantial earrings that look so great on other women- They overwhelm my small face. These successfully up the BLING factor- but in an understated, elegant way that connotes $$$ (wealth!)- w/o overwhelming us girls with smaller,more delicate face & body features. These earrings look VERY expensive. I purchased 2 pair initially, & I just now purchased another 3 pair- These are my new "life-long" earrings! One more plus" : No back post "stick", to stab your head/neck behind the ear, while you fall asleep with these on! They just lay flat. However- I don't recommend sleeping in them, you never know when ANY pierced earring might catch on a blanket & tear your earlobe, right? Oh I just can't get over how incredibly lightweight, rich, and BEAUTIFUL these are- TONS of holiday sparkle & style! I definitely took heed of other reviewer's comments about the ear wire coming out of piercing (because the earrings have no back-stop)- So, I added a pair of the tiny, clear, rubber earring stops (purchased @ Craft / fabric store-100 earring backs / $2.00; Or, can be purchased by the dozen @ Claire's earring store for a few $)- My own word of caution- YES- The ear wires ARE very delicate / easily bendable- So, I had to "work" the earring back holes, on a sturdier pair of earrings to enlarge the holes slightly (so that they'd slide on THESE earrings easily, w/o bending the earring back wire). These are new for me, & already I'm receiving compliments & "they're gorgeous! They look expensive!" comments :) Not sure if that's the earring alone, as I'm frequently complimented on all aspects of my being- that I look/ smell / wear / expensive everything. As you can see by the affordable cost of these earrings- That's just an illusion! These are a definite '"buy while you can get them!". Thx for reading, Happy Holidays 2013 to all!
Nice earrings that go with any outfit from dressy to blue jeans.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? accurate image
- How accurate was the sizing? accurate sizing
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice quality
wearing them now... picture of model wearing earrings gave exact idea of what they looked like
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? exact
- How accurate was the sizing? accurate according to picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. sterling as stated
I bought these to replace a similar pair that I had one earring from. I was very pleasantly surprised by the substantial nature of the silver earrings. At this price, I thought I might receive somewhat "flimsy" earrings but these are really lovely, and better quality than the original pair I had. I am very happy with this attractive pair of earrings - which were also beautifully packaged in a velveteen pouch! Highly recommended
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Site images accurately represented the earrings
- How accurate was the sizing? Earrings are one size fits all
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality product
love these ss stick drop earrings - they are simply elegant.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? the earrings looked exactly like the picture
- How accurate was the sizing? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very nice quality
I wore these earrings twice and twice I lost one out of my ear. The first time, I was lucky to find the earring in my parking space. The second time I wasn't so lucky....gone forever! The earrings are dainty, feminine, and shapes the face well. However, they slp easily out of the ear. A scarf, a coat, or a hug can cause the earring to move up and out of the hole. I would love to purchase another pair but that would just be foolish!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Identical image as shown on the site.
- How accurate was the sizing? The sizing was accurate.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Thin silver stick and easy to bend