I've never purchased this brand of chain before, but I will not be purchasing it again. The chain is so much shorter than my other 24-inch chains--I'd be embarrassed to sell something that is so obviously not the length advertised. I would return it, but I've returned items before to Overstock and even been told by customer service that they were not going to charge me for shipping, but I was charged, regardless. So, I will keep it and wear it as a 22 or 23-inch chain. Unfortunately, I didn't pay attention when others said in reviews that the chain is a bright white. It sparkles, and it is pretty on its own, but if you want it to match a pendant (even one that is a bright silver), it will still be whiter than the pendant. I'm just going to try to find pendants that I have that have absolutely no oxidation, and try to cover the chain with my shirt. As far as quality is concerned, this chain is exceptionally lightweight, and yet it seems strong. I don't know if this is a sign of quality or if I will put a pendant on it and it will break. I noticed, as I placed it on my table, that it felt almost like laying a silk cord down on the table. I cannot recommend this chain, unless you have a blindingly white silver pendant that needs a chain which is shorter than 24 inches.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? The photo doesn't appear as white as the chain is in person.
- How accurate was the sizing? It was inaccurate. I held it against two other 24-inch chains and it is at least 1 to 1.5 inches short in comparison.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This chain is very lightweight, but seems strong. I haven't worn it yet. It sparkles, and it has a nice clasp.
Very beautiful, shiny chain. Another reviewer commented that the chain isn't quite 24 inches in length. Measured my chain from clasp to jump ring, and it's exactly 24. Particularly like the unusual popcorn link - haven't seen that anywhere locally. As usual, Overstock delivered a great product.
This chain really, really stands out when you wear it! The sterling appears to be of great quality (it is stamped 925 on the clasp). The "popcorn" style creates thousands of little gleaming facets, so this chain has a bright white shine that I would normally only expect from white gold or platinum. (I almost hope that it'll tarnish a bit with use because it outshines the pendant that I bought it for!) One of the reasons that I decided to buy this chain is that it has a 1.5 millimeter width, and I had read some reviews while shopping around which complained that some chains with a width of a single millimeter were too thin and almost invisible. Not so with this chain! In retrospect, those "too thin" complaints were probably referring to box chains or other two-dimensional styles. The popcorn style is three-dimensional and has an appearance similar to a woven silver cord. The effect is beautiful, but it also really catches the eye, so make sure any jewelry that you have in mind for this chain is bold enough not to be overpowered! One small flaw to note: this chain is supposed to be 24 inches long, but I measured mine and it's precisely 23 inches! I'm not sure if I just got a strange one or if they're all an inch short. Despite this, I still feel it was worth every penny I spent on it!
It may be just a little to think for my tiny delicate pave diamond heart but just about every other pendant I own looks BEAUTIFUL on this chain. It is delicate looking but is kink-free. I may need a back-up...
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? True
- How accurate was the sizing? True
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This is a sturdy chain but feminine & not bulky at all. Kink Free!
Very pleased with the cost, delivery, and size. Perfect for my silver locket.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? not a true color match, but was ok
- How accurate was the sizing? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great
I have a bracelet that is Italian Silver; popcorn. I wear it daily & never take it off. It is fabulous!!! I purchased the necklace thinking it was the same as my bracelet. 1mm is tiny! I thought my bracelet must be 1mm and held it up to their measurements but was incorrect. My bracelet is at least 3mm. It was my mistake. To truly appreciate the popcorn detail, the mm size must be larger.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Pretty good
- How accurate was the sizing? It appeared larger than it is
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality
Beautiful, high polished chain at a price that can't be beat! Sturdy enough for a pendant and substantial enough to be strong.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Matched
- How accurate was the sizing? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good Quality
The photo of the neck lace was a lot larger than the received item. Disappointed the buyer.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Image was a lot larger
- How accurate was the sizing? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. poor