I've been eying this piece since I've graduated, but we're been financially limited until now. Husband bought this for me as an "I love you" and a "congratulations on getting a job!" gift, and I just received it today after about 9 days since ordering it. Although the price has gone up by $20 compared to when I first saw it months ago, having it in person made me realized that this piece is still worth the price for under $100 as a similar piece (that has less gemstones and silver weight to it) sold at a well-known department store is going for $145. Pros to the item: 1) Silver weight is decent. 2) Under gallery is finished and glides on smoothly onto finger. 3) Milgrain details gives it a rather pleasing Art Deco engagement ring feel to it that is apparent in real life versus through pictures. 4) Created black sapphires look amazing in natural sunlight. 5) Did prong test, and it appears that all gemstones are secured and not moving about. Cons: 1) Due to size and faceting of center stone, will need to be cleaned every once in a while to ensure residue will not cloud it over time. 2) Mine had one crooked prong securing a created white sapphire which I later discovered was chipped and pushed in at a weird angle in location of crooked prong due to manufacturer's defect. 3) A different prong holding a created black sapphire had a melted look to it due to manufacturer's defect and sapphire also damaged (fissure crack?) in the area of defective prong. Although at first I was willing to keep the product as is, but the more I thought about the more I would rather have one in mint condition than with cracked/broken sapphires. Crooked prongs, I'm fine with, but not broken gemstones. Otherwise, beautiful piece and still worth the investment if only in better condition.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Product image on site does not show how amazing undergallery of ring is nor the amount of milgrain on the setting.
- How accurate was the sizing? Spot on and glides on smoothly. The size 5 I ordered fits perfectly without the ring rotating around my finger nor being too tight.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Upon initial inspection, only saw a crooked prong securing a white sapphire and a "melted" looking prong securing a black sapphire. Later, saw that both sapphires are damaged where defective prongs are.
Ordered this ring looking for a nice bang for the buck and got much more. Every time I wear it people always think is one of my expensive rings. No one knows what it cost. Very comfortable and great with lots. I will enjoy using this on trips as well as home. I always like getting inexpensive ring to travel with and this does the trick. I purchased this using a Social Living Coupon and it made it less expensive.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? great
- How accurate was the sizing? great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent, better than expected
The picture online seem to show a better image of the Blue Topaz and the Created White Sapphires did not sparkle. I am still awaiting my return paperwork so the ring can be sent back.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? I thought the picture was much prettier than in person. The Created White Sapphires did not sparkle at all.
- How accurate was the sizing? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good