Black diamonds are smaller per carat than white diamonds. I think if I had really been aware of that before I started searching for a black diamond, my expectations for this ring would have been lower. The stone for this ring is 1 carat, but is smaller than my .5 carat white diamond. I noticed some glue residue around where the stone rests in the setting, which was weird. I think I've managed to brush it all off. The sterling silver setting seems on the cheap, lightweight side, so if you're getting this to be something you wear daily for years to come, consider investing in a more solid piece. For the price, this ring is probably fine, but I have a feeling there are better options out there.
This is supposed to be a sterling silver ring, however the diamond mount that connects the stone to the band turned coppery orange and green within 10 says. It is too expensive to have any part made of copper, and too cheap for me not to think that is what they used to mount the stone. I did return the ring, so I can't tell you about long term wear.
I have received many compliments on this ring from men and women of all ages. It has great sparkle and is a beauty you will enjoy wearing. Made me the envy of many friends.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Didn't do it justice!
- How accurate was the sizing? Slightly larger than expected.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. No complaints.
I had to look up black diamond in Wikipedia to find out if there really was such a thing and oh, yes they are real diamonds. This one sparkles and looks great. The 1 ct size is a nice size, very noticeable and I would recommend this size for wearing with a silver band. The price is good too. Just think, you can own a large diamond at a very reasonable price!!! And black looks good with everything.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? the same
- How accurate was the sizing? I ordered an 8.5 and it is a little big but ok for me.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The silver is of superb quality and diamond is beautiful
I was not expecting the quality and weight of this ring to be what it is. I am so pleased with the quality, timeliness of delivery, and sizing. This is the second ring my fiance & I ordered from overstock, the 1st I returned due to sizing. I cannot say enough about this ring's true, timeliss and simplistic beauty. I love this ring!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? the image on site was not as good as what i received
- How accurate was the sizing? ring sizing was excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
I shopped around a lot online for a black diamond ring before buying this ring. The ring was shipped very quickly and I'm very pleased with my purchase. The 1 ct. black diamond is a good size, even though black diamonds are denser than white diamonds and weigh more. A 1 ct. black diamond will be slightly smaller than a white diamond of the same weight. The color is very black, but the ring sparkles! The cut is great. My ring had very minor imperfections that are barely visible to the naked eye. I expected to see some very small chips or scratches, as black diamonds are extremely difficult to cut, but luckily my ring didn't have any that are noticible. I really love the setting too. The "V" shape side detail, and black metal on the prongs are a nice touch. And the stone is very secure. I'm very happy with the quality of the diamond and the seting for the money I spent. I was looking for something unique, beautiful and well crafted and that's exactly what I got.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Same as picture
- How accurate was the sizing? ring size was a little larger than expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality for the price
I love this ring. I was waiting for the price to go down. I feel like this was exactly what I was looking for in a black diamond.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? same
- How accurate was the sizing? Fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The stone is beautiful, the band kind of scratched easily
I got this for my girlfriend's birthday, and to ask her to marry me (at the same time). Bear in mind we are both quite minimalist, and revere the color black. This is a great ring if you're looking for something modern, minimal and nontraditional. The nature of the stone means it won't be clear, so if 'flaws' bug you, this won't work. If you want an original stone in a minimal setting, this beats the standard, tired white solitaire hands down. It's big on small hands, and stands out next to other rings. The setting is particularly great (black metal). Order it a half size small if she's skinny. Both of us love it.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Very accurate
- How accurate was the sizing? Close. Maybe 1/2 size large.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Exactly what I expected, and she loves it.
This ring is great for the price. After reading the previous reviews on this product, I was scared to buy this, but after receiving the ring, the one I got was a good stone, cut well, and I can't see the inclusions. Like the other reviewer on here, I must have lucked out, and I absolutely LOVE this piece. As long as the quality of the ring I received is the same that gets shipped out, I definitely recommend this!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Same.
- How accurate was the sizing? Accurate.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great.
The ring is really pretty. I bought this as a Christmas gift for myself, and the stone is beautiful. It looked really grey/silver at first, but the more I look at it, the more I love the black. I'm not crazy about the band, but it's not terrible. I mean, the cost of this ring is VERY reasonable. I bought this as a "place holder" so I won't be hit on by men. Hopefully it works!
- How accurate was the sizing? It's a little big.
I agree with some of the buyers who left reviews regarding the stone imperfections. I am not even so concerned about the impurities, you get what you pay for. But the cut of the stone was really sloppy. You can easily see chips and scratches. Aside from that, the ring is good for the money. The setting was solid and the band finish was good. I think this would be a really good seller is the stone isn't so badly cut/finished. I won't be looking for an exchange, as the replacement will more than likely exhibit the same conditions. I simply won't recommend it for others.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Very Close, but not close enough to show the impefections
- How accurate was the sizing? Very good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Ok for the money
The ring looks smaller than a 1ct, I have a 1.2 ct white diamond ring as my wedding ring and this is much smaller. I would say more like .75 total ct weight. The stone is beautiful and shiny. But the prongs that hold the ring are black, not silver like the picture. Overall I like the ring but was expecting something prettier.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? a little different
- How accurate was the sizing? Excellant
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
I must be one of the lucky customer to receive a perfect diamond. The rock is big, if not huge. I am glad I chose this over the 2ct version. The ring is beautiful, and definitely looks way more expensive than its cost. The band fit perfectly and comfy too.