This was my first purchase with Overstock and it was very disappointing. Most of the pearls on this necklace were lovely, but those that were bad were hideous. One looked like a lump of brown clay and another was literally half a pearl--it was completely flat on one end and round on the other (like a bullet) and strung that way...VERY obvious. I do not know how this necklace made it through quality control, or why anyone would have put those bad pearls on the necklace in the first place. In this case, the bad apples really did spoil the whole bunch. I returned it as soon as I received it.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? most of the pearls matched the photo, but those that did not were really bad
- How accurate was the sizing? the size is as depicted
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. poor quality for several pearls. One was like a lump of brown clay and another was literally half a pearl
My first impression upon seeing these pearls was 'WOW'--they are very large and could easily pass for Tahitian. The pearls are not perfect; they do have occasional pits and are not consistently round, but that is what makes them look genuine, not fake, especially at this size. My pearls are a deep grey with predominantly rose and bronze overtones, and a few have green tones as well. They are gorgeous hanging long and loose (no kinks at all), but they look fantastic when worn with a pearl shortener to form a choker/princess length two-tiered combo. These pearls are lustrous and have a lovely orient, good weight and are very well strung, with individual knots between each pearl. They are very large, but the tiny imperfections leave no doubt in anyone's mind that they are 100% REAL. At this size, establishing pearls are natural, not man-made, is a top priroity and these beauties get the job done with aplomb. They are a real bargain.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? enlarge the photo and they are the same size and color as my actual strand
- How accurate was the sizing? veryu accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very nice quality, especially for the price
I purchased these pearls for my mother's 60th birthday. She loves them and they look very nice. At first, I was surprised by the size of the actual pearl, being larger than I expected. But they look great. In certain light, or wearing with certain colors the pearls appear more purplish than black.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? true to image...pearls larger in actual product
- How accurate was the sizing? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality
This necklace is elegant. Wearing it long, knotted or doubling it gives you so many great options to let you wear it with many different necklines.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? very close
- How accurate was the sizing? very close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good
Extremely disappoint in the length and the way it was imaged. You can not double the strand around a women's neck without a clasp to take the strand apart. Their was no clasp and nothing in the description that said otherwise. Based on the product image you would anticipate one being included in the strand. I doubt I will purchase here again.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Totally different. You can not double the strand around a neck.
- How accurate was the sizing? OK
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Not as dark as I had hoped and had a few white marks on some pearls but otherwise acceptable.