The pendant is elegant and prettier in person than in picture. The pearl is flawless and round, not drop shape as in the picture but still beautiful regardless. Chain is very thin but looks good with the pearl. I have tried it with several different chains I have but somehow they just didn't look good so I keep the original chain that came with it. I don't know much about pearl but genuine natural Tahitian pearl this size and quality costs a lot more. This cultured pearl (if genuine as said) is a very good deal for the price. Overall I am very happy.
The Tahitian Drop Pearl Pendant is amazing, however as other reviews state the chain is very thin, tangles easy and is not to be trusted. Luckily my wife already had a sturdy, nicer gold chain to put the pendant on and the pearl looks amazing with her pearl earrings and thicker chain.
This pendant is much better looking in person. In the photo, the gold above the pearl does not show clearly but it is great in person. My pearl was a perfectly round pearl without any visible flaws, better than the one pictured. It is a shiny, very dark gray with a slight hint of green. It matches earrings I already own. I am extremely happy with the pearl. I will be wearing it on a stronger chain because, as expected, the included chain is too short for me and also too frail.
For the price, the tahitian pearl is an excellent choice for gifts. I have already bought two, and may get another one when it is on sale.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? actual product actually looks better
- How accurate was the sizing? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good
I ordered this last year and I love it! I just received the 8-8.5 mm Tahitian pearl studs, which I love also! They match beautifully! My pearl was grey with slight purple hue on the bottom. Blemish free and just gorgeous! Couldn't be happier!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- How accurate was the sizing? Very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Flawless, round pearl.
OK quality, not great. The chain in very thin and will break easily, I replaced the chain. If you must have gold, then it is an decent value, but sterling would look just as nice since there is very little metal showing and would be a much better value
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? very similar
- How accurate was the sizing? it was a little smaller
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. the shank was smaller and so was the actual pearl, but it was OK. I needed it to be gold to match a chain I already had. The chain it came with was like string. It would have broken in an instant!
For my birthday last year, my daughter (another overstock fan) generously gave me a beautiful pair of dangling Tahitian pearl earrings. As I was browsing Overstock.com recently I spotted the perfect match in a pendant. My husband purchased it for me for this year's birthday. When the pendant arrived I was thrilled to note that it was even more enchanting than the earrings. Like the earrings, the pendant is largely unblemished. Moreover, it is slightly closer to true black than the dark grey earrings, which enhances the play of color inherent in a fine Tahitian pearl. They are close enough in color to match and I love them both, so much in fact, that I purchased a new outfit to showcase them.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? This pearl was more lovely than its online depiction.
- How accurate was the sizing? I ddn't measure the millimeters; however, it looks to be about 9mm.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. There are no glaring pits or bumps on the pearl. The chain, as would be expected, given the economy, is slight but appears decently made.
The presentation of the chain is described accurately. It is not the nicest Tahitian Pearl necklace in Overstock's slection but it is a nice present for under $$$.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The chain looks really fragile.
I bought this necklace and really wasn't sure if it would match my earrings I bought somewhere else..but the color of them match perfectly..the price was great...the color is as you would expect of a Tahitian pear...the chain is a little delicate..but it goes well with the appearance of the pear.
I am very unhappy, my pearl came plain gray with wear on the bottom?? Not even a tag inside saying its a TAHITIAN PEARL. ending back and calling customer service. What a different color nothing like the picture. Plain gray? What happened Overstock?
This pearl is a beautiful shape, with no visible flaws. It is round, and extremely lustrous. My only knock is that it is a bit smaller than advertised, and it is definitely a blueish green color, and not a gray/black color. Now that I have and and wear it, I'm extremely pleased with it because I wear a lot of green and blue is it complements my wardrobe beautifully. I highly recommend it.
I wanted a Tahitian Pearl necklace for an night-out event - I like the idea of a single pearl on a chain, but the chain does seem to be awfully thin, light weight.... the clasp-loop is so tiny and makes it very hard to hook. the pearl is slightly smaller than the matching pair of Tahitian peral earrings I had purchased earlier thru Overstock, I would think that it would have been larger, that is not the case but It's not obvious once you wear the set..... I am content with the color - a blue-greenish-charcoal hue, heavy weight of the pearl and overall happy with my purchase .
I adore pearls especially Tahitian ones. They are really exotic and the coloring is unique. I saw this amazing deal and bought it. The pearl is just the right size. I wear this pendant everyday and I'm really happy with the quality. 150% satisfied.