I had a ring that I purchased from overstock break two weeks ago and I took it to a jeweler to repair. While there picking up the ring I had the jeweler test the ring along with my black diamond studs in the martini setting, to make sure they are what overstock advertised them as, real diamonds. They are not diamonds but moissanite. I am very disappointed by this. I have purchased a pair of white diamonds from overstock that came with a certification card. I plan on taking those in for a test as well. I purchased these earrings several months ago so it is too late to return them for my money now. I will not be purchasing anymore "diamonds" from overstock again. Unfortunately I have three "diamond" rings, two pairs of "diamond studs" that I am now stuck with. Thanks overstock for checking out your merchandise.
By Review Response Team
We have reviewed our inventory and confirmed these are indeed real diamonds. The treatment given to the majority of black diamonds will make the stone electro-conductive, so that when a jeweler tests the treated black diamond it will give a false moissanite reading. Any colored moissanite including 'black' will not show a reading on the jeweler's testing machine. When tested by a jeweler, if the stone shows a moissanite confirmation, it is actually confirmation of a Treated Black Diamond.
I bought 2 pair of Black diamond studs 2 TKW (1 carat each) these were the perfect size for a lady . i was considering larger diamonds which would have been too large for normal ear lobes. my wife and her mother, both loved the studs earrings, really nice quality and they look great. I'm currently deployed to Afghanistan, and I'm able to get loose black diamonds stone at whosale prices and these were priced so well that I bought from overstock after considering the setting cost of diamonds purchased here. I recommend these diamonds as a good purchase.
These were really not what I expected. They may be 2ct, but they face up quite small. I have regrets in purchasing this item. Also, if you know that black diamonds do not "sparkle" like more colorless diamonds, these may be ok with you. I am going to take them into a jeweler, though, because they appear to be Hematite and not actual diamonds.
What a huge disappointment. These are perfect for a little girl who is getting her first pair of earrings. However, if you are purchasing them for someone older than a 10 year old, I would highly suggest choosing something else. They look small and cheap. I will be sending these back.
These earrings do not appear to be two (2) carat total diamond weight as stated in the title and description of this item. Two (2) carat total diamond weight, to me, would be one (1) carat per earring. These earrings, look to me, to be one (1) carat total diamond weight, which would be half a (1/2) carat diamond weight per earring. Very disappointed in this purchase because of this discrepancy in the description. I wanted earrings that have one carat per earring.
The earings are okay. They are not as shiny as they look in the picture and there seems to be some visible spots. Good price overall but if you're looking for some earings that really sparkle and are clean, this probably isn't the best buy.
These are my everyday earrings and I have not been dissappointed! The prongs have not loosed the black diamonds still have their shine and I am very please dwith these earrings.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Perfect match to the picture
- How accurate was the sizing? Perfect sizing
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great Quality
Wife loved the earrings and it looks great on her. She ialways has them on and tells me it's on of her favorite pai.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Good
- How accurate was the sizing? It actually ended up larger than I expected.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
Bought these for my husband for Christmas and he seems to really like them. When I ordered them, I was afraid they might be too small for a man, but they fit well and look really good on him. He is 6'8" and they are not too small (for those of you who worry about the size). I searched several sites and stores before ordering these earrings. Most of the stores had the diamonds set in sterling silver, and they cost more. These are set in white gold and cost a fraction of the stores prices. My only complaint is that they arrive in a little paper box instead of a nice earring box. I switched them to a nicer box before wrapping for Christmas. I think these are a great deal, and a steal compared to others. I would definitely recommend!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Accurate image
- How accurate was the sizing? Accurate sizing
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Appears to be good quality
i order these for myself and they were fine only thing is they are a smaller size to a white diamond because of the color
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? yes
- How accurate was the sizing? no
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
My wife loved them. The color of these diamonds on the white gold is amazing. If you wanna male your girl happy these will do it.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? looked just like the picture
- How accurate was the sizing? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. beautiful look built to last
They were a gify for my boyfriend and he loves them. I looked all over for similar earrings and found them the most reasonably priced here. I just had them tested today to be sure they are real diamonds and they are.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Image on the site doesnt do them justice
- How accurate was the sizing? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
The shipment came early and contained exactly what was in the picture. They are nice. As long as she's happy with them on Christmas morning, I'm happy with them
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? They matched the image
- How accurate was the sizing? I don't know
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality appears good
True black diamonds are in high demand. The overall quality of these earrings was well worth the amount paid for them.
- Did the image onsite match the product? Yes
- Did the product fit true to size? N/A
- How is the quality of the product? Good