I had been coming back and forth to this ring for a while now. I had been wanting this ring because the garnet itself just reminded me of my grandmother. I just wanted it so badly as I lost her in Feb of 07 I kept coming back to it over and over. It was timeless in elegance and beauty. I finally buckled and ordered it but there was a huge snafu and one of my neighbors address was put in. Suffice it to say they are NOT the kind of neighbors you want your mail delivered to by accident, especially a piece of beautiful jewelry. I immediately tried to fix this with customer service but for some reason the second I placed my order they where either extremely efficient or not very accomodating depending on how you look upon the situation. My order according to them had already went straight to the Processing Center "warehouse" and couldn't be stopped or address changed. The customer service rep said she would have a person from that warehouse call me immediately to try and fix things but I never got a call. As a matter of fact I got a email 24 hours later from o.co saying my order had shipped to that address. I was HORRIFIED. I called my local postmaster and luckily know him very well and explained the problem and had him watch for my package with my name on it and hold it for me at the post office so as not to be delivered. No that irritated me on behalf of O.co even greater. My postmaster stated he had no idea why they wouldn't allow them to deliver to the postoffice to begin with as I live in a rural area and most of us do that for the safety of our parcels. So the item in question gets 5 stars. Wearing now and loving it tremendously. It sparkles and when the light catches it, it looks like a dull fire is emanating from my hand. It is tremendously beautiful. The O.co service gets 1 star as far as I am concerned and I am seriously rethinking how often I shop with them in the future.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Much better in person than on the site.
- How accurate was the sizing? The sizing is slightly smaller, I ordered a 9, it is more of a 8.5.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The garnet is blood red and free of occlusions or scratches. Diamonds are so small as to be non existant but the ring is about the garnet and the setting offsets the diamonds to make them appear to be more than they are at first or even second glance you have to really study the ring to notice that they are just chips every other spacing.
My boyfriend actually purchased this ring for me for Valentine's day. It is really beautiful and very nice quality. We were both impressed with the quality and value and will order jewelry from Overstaock again.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? dead on
- How accurate was the sizing? not sure, it was bigger than I expected, but I may be wrong about what size I wear.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice