I lost my original engagement ring and the fiancé agreed this would be a different kind of replacement. I've received several compliments due to the old fashioned but exotic look. The ring fits perfect and no flaws that I could see in the center stone.
This is a very beautiful ring especially for the price. I love the fact that black diamond are not traditional and are different. my finacee picked it out for me because we were getting married on Halloween and wanted something that was special. Sadly he passed away unexpectedly about a month before our wedding. I love the ring cause he said he wanted me to have a black diamond cause I deserved something special and unique. Its so pretty and I have never seen any one with a black diamond. Good deal for the price. The same size stone and ring set in fred myers was going to cost us ****.
I purchased this ring for my girlfriend for our 6 month anniversary in June of 2011. I know right only 6 months? lol, but I purchased it because she stuck with me through some tough times and I felt she should be rewarded. For the price the ring itself is beautiful, i would give it 4.5 stars. It does have shine and sparkle, the black diamond is the perfect size for someone who doesn't want a tiny ring but doesn't want an oversized ring. Put it this way, it's big enough to be noticeable. The white diamonds contrast well giving it a little flare but aren't as clear as expected. In my opinion they are actually somewhat cloudy but the clarity of the diamonds are stated by overstock. But with the contrast of both the black diamonds and white diamonds it helps make them appear more sparkly then if the black diamond wasn't there. The hearts on the side give it some originality and once examined by others up close they will be wowed by the detail. The only thing I have to complain about was the fact the first ring I ordered the black diamond was a little scratched and could be noticed up close. I sent it back and there were no problems, I received the new ring within a couple of days and it was spotless. SO make sure to examine your ring closely when you get it because overstock will ship you a new one on any discrepancies. My girlfriend loved the ring and has received numerous compliments, and people have asked if it were engagement ring (shows you the quality of the ring)!!!!! Since purchasing this ring we have been dating 2 years and I have bought her a 1 ct black and white diamond necklace, and just the other day for Christmas I bought her 1 ct black and white diamond earrings to match. But I will say her ring is probably her favorite!!!!!!!! :) 4 stars just because of the damaged ring, 4.5 stars though for the product.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Farily Well
- How accurate was the sizing? A little big (.5 larger than the what is stated)
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. A-
I am in love with black diamonds. My original wedding ring was black and white diamonds, but I just recently lost it at work. My husband and I looked at rings else where, but we kept coming back to this one. I was scared that I wouldn't like it in person, but I was definitely wrong. He surprised me with it yesterday and I couldn't be happier. The black diamond is flawless, but the regular diamonds are cloudy. Regardless, it's still a gorgeous ring. In the picture, it doesn't sure it's true beauty. It doesn't even show the hearts on the outside. I just absolutely love the ring. The only reason I wouldn't recommend it to my friends is so they don't go out and buy the same one. =]
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? It was alright. It's way prettier in person and in the pictures, you can't see there hearts on the outside.
- How accurate was the sizing? Perfect.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It's good quality. However, the diamonds are a little cloudy.
I was gonna use it as a wedding ring but couldn't find a band to match but it will always be worn. I love the hearts on the side of it. My daughter in law fell in love with it also.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? The accent stones are smaller than what I thougt but I love the ring anyway
- How accurate was the sizing? the ring was perfect
My husband purchased this ring as an anniversary present. He was hesitant at first because he thought the hearts on the side would be tacky or too "young" for an adult but they aren't obvious and allow the setting to look really nice. While the diamonds on the band are small, I think they are the right size for the ring. I only wish that there was a band to match that wasn't sterling silver.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- How accurate was the sizing? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good as expected
Great ring at a great price. LOVE it! I would definitely recommend.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? just beautiful!
- How accurate was the sizing? runs just a little big.. may have to return for 1/2 a size smaller
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very impressed
I fell in love with this ring at a national retailer jeweler. We planned on buying it from them when we were ready at the price of $589. A Coworker had suggested that I go to Overstock to look at another item. While I was here I browsed through the rings. I was shocked when I found the ring I had already fallen in love with for more than half off. I was worried about the quality of the rings since the price was so different. I read the other reviews and decided that I would suggest this site to my then boyfriend, taking a chance on something we had never seen in person. (I prefer to buy things of this nature in person, but the price was unbeatable.) My now fiance surprised me with this ring and I was overly impressed with the quality, design, luster and clarity. I'm glad it's not as bulky as it appears to be in the image. But if you are expecting a large ring then you won't like this ring. Make sure you read the measurements and don't go off of the image alone. We were looking for an engagement ring that was more modern, unique, but still feminine and this ring has surpassed our expectations. The price for this ring is a steal when compared to the national retailer we intended to purchase it from. I would highly suggest this to anyone reading this review, but not to anyone I know! I don't want anyone I know having my ring!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Ring is more feminine, less bulky.
- How accurate was the sizing? I wear a 9.5, bought a 9, and it fit. Probably .5 large but have not had it professionally sized.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Just received, can't contest to the durability, but impressed with the design, luster, and clarity.
I love this ring. I was debating whether to get the sterling silver one with alternating blk/white diamonds instead, but decided to go with the white gold since it is my engagement ring. Because I'm a nursing student, and my fiance and I already have a daughter together, this is the perfect ring to start us off so we can have our wedding. I can always upgrade come an anniversary. I had a big smile when the box was opened because for the price, this ring is amazing! the side design is beautiful too. I'm so excited to show it off and couldn't be happier. The extra money we saved can go into our wedding :) and I still have a nice size ring that sparkles and makes me smile when I look down at my hand!
- Did the image onsite match the product? Yes. The black diamond is perfect, the white diamonds are little smaller than I thought but still beautiful!
- Did the product fit true to size? It actually runs a tiny bit big. My size is a 6, its not too big at all but it doesnt fit like a typical 6
- How is the quality of the product? Dainty, but because it's gold and the diamonds do not go all the way around the band, I dont see having any worries about it breaking
Absolutely LOVE the ring, I was amazed when I received it from my boyfriend for our one year anniversary. The only problem I have with the ring is that he ordered a size 6.5 (which is my ring size) and the ring we got was defiantly not the correct size, so now I have to take it in to get resized. :(
- Did the image onsite match the product? yes.
- Did the product fit true to size? NO!
- How is the quality of the product? wondrous.
I was very excited for this ring to arrive as my promise / engagement ring. At first look it was cute and what I expected... as I began to examine the ring with my naked eye I noticed a hole in the center stone on one side and a crushed area on the other side of the stone. The box that it arrived in was not damaged at all, so I have to conclude that it shipped this way. Overstock was quick to say they would send me a new ring, but did not put any effort into expediting the shipping as I had paid for 2day shipping so that I could have the ring in time for my proposal. When I asked for a refund I was told the replacement would be rushed... the order then sat around for a couple days and was sent via usps and I am left to re-plan the entire event.
- Did the image onsite match the product? similar to the product, but poor representation
- Did the product fit true to size? unknown
- How is the quality of the product? The quality of this ring was very poor. The black diamond had a hole in it, and was crushed on the opposing side.
My fiance bought this ring for me as an engagement ring and let me just say, it is gorgeous! It is unique and packs such a perfect sparkle. Worth every dollar, plus. There are 6 hearts on each side with diamonds in each of the middle 4 hearts. You or your fiancee will love every minute wearing this ring.
This ring is absolutely exquisite, understated and very elegant. The white diamonds against the black are definitely outstanding. I can see this being used as an engagement ring, for those who like a black diamond or want something a bit different. There are also hearts carved into the ring that are not visible on screen. I just love it!