My partner and I bought this as my wedding ring in late January 2011. We both wanted something simple, he wanted his to be tungsten (which doesn't come in anything near my size), and I liked the old fashioned look to this ring. I've been wearing it most days since February 1, 2011, but don't wear it to bed, to work out, to work in the garden, etc. I treat it well. Even so, the ring has lost three diamonds in the last six months. The first came out almost immediately, like by March or April. I contacted overstock and asked whether they would replace it as defective. After some hemming and hawing they agreed, so long as I would send it within 2-3 days (which would have been difficult given that I was traveling at the time w/o the ability to print off their return documents). Moreover, because we'd already paid fifty dollars to get it sized down from a 5 to a 4.5, it turns out that it was about the same cost to get the new ring and re-size it than to just buy a replacement diamond (or, as I suspected, black sapphire). So we decided to just replace the stone. Now, four months later, two more stones are missing. I'm not about to pay a hundred dollars every few months in upkeep just so that I can keep the stones in place, so now I'm out a wedding ring ($$$ on sale) and the cost already sunk to re-size it ($50) and replace the first lost stone ($50). Although pretty, no ring is worth that aggravation and upkeep cost. Save your time and money and look somewhere else . . . or just plan to wear it so infrequently that it's less of an issue for you.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? The ring, particularly the opal, is prettier in person than in the photo.
- How accurate was the sizing? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Three diamonds have fallen out in the six months I've owned the ring. Do not recommend for frequent wear.
This ring is gorgeous! It is exactly like the picture. I recieved it 2 years ago for mother's day and have worn it almost everyday since. The quality it great. It is simple and elegant, looks great with everything. I would highly recommend this ring!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? looks exactly like the picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
This ring is so much prettier than the picture shows! The opal has a lot of red and green and is so pretty when the light hits it. I get compliments on this ring almost every day...it is totally worth the price because it looks so expensive.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Better
- How accurate was the sizing? Good
Beautiful ring. Lowly is very opaque until light hits it. Black diamonds make it elegant as well as modern. Love!!!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? better in person
- How accurate was the sizing? spot on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great quality
this is a very very dainty ring. if i had seen it in the store, i would only expect to pay around $150 for it. i kept it cause i took forever to pick it out but no one really compliments it. it's not an eye-catcher for sure. sort of regret the purchase.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? It looks way bigger and more dramatic on the site.
- How accurate was the sizing? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. not so great
bought this as a gift for my sister and she loved it, fit was perfect and she never takes it off. The opal is big but lacks the colour expected in the light but even with this still a gorgeous ring.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? good
- How accurate was the sizing? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
A surprise 30th birthday birthstone ring for our daughter - it's a great value for the money spent and the ring is beautiful.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Spot on
- How accurate was the sizing? Great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality
Wasn't sure what to expect with this purchase - was afraid the ring would be oversized and garish - however, it is distinct, tasteful and has gotten nothing but rave reviews from everyone who has noticed it - and EVERYONE has noticed it! :)
I got this ring for my birthday and it's really beautiful... the iridescence of the opal is subtle and contrasts really beautifully with the black diamonds. the band is very delicate/thin so the ring does't look to chunky, nor does it sit up too high. one of my friends who saw it said "thats way too pretty to be real!" i'
This birthstone ring was a birthday gift for my daughter and she was totally ecstatic upon receipt! I was a little nervous not having personally seen it, but she said it was just perfect:)) Now I'm thinking of purchasing either the earrings or necklace for a Christmas gift!