This ring looked very classy in the picture, and was even more so in person upon receiving it. I bought this ring and another more simpler tungsten ring (polished edges with a brushed center segment), with the intent of my husband picking one. My husband is very hard on his rings and they end up damaged in one way or another, so I went with Tungsten because this metal is supposed to be extremely durable. He likes them so much he opted to keep both - one for work and the other for everything else. The prices were excellent, and the carbon inlay is a unique and classy element on this ring.
I purchased this ring about a year ago to serve as my husbands wedding band. I loved it because it's very unique and striking with a small but very sparkly diamond. The other reason I purchased this ring is because I've read that tungsten carbide is a practically indestructible metal and I thought this was perfect for my husband. It's held up with no scratches or any damage of any kind for the 6 months he wore it (I purchased it 6 months in advance) until 2 days ago when he accidentally dropped it onto the floor while putting it back on. We were both shocked because upon hitting the wood floor the ring SHATTERED! I did some research and found that tungsten carbide is a powder alloy that's mixed with a binding material thus giving it about the same durability as CERAMIC. Of course I didn't buy the warranty figuring why would it be needed if the material is "practically indestructible" right? I'd advise anyone purchasing this ring to get the warranty! I am replacing this ring with a titanium ring.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Same
- How accurate was the sizing? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. We thought it was great until it shattered when it was dropped!
We ordered this ring for my husband as a "replacement" wedding ring, as his original gold band had become thin and worn. He had worn it several days before I really looked at it and noticed the stone was not centered on the ring. He chose to keep it, saying others don't look closely enough to notice. Unfortunately, I noticed and that's all I can see now is a substandard ring. Having ordered things from Overstock before, this was the first thing I have been disappointed with.
Was very satisfied with this ring, the size runs about .5 too big, but other than that my husband says it's perfect.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- How accurate was the sizing? not so much my husband was sized as a 9 at kays and I had to reorder a 8.5 and it fit perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great
I have been wanting to upgrade my husbands ring for a while. I had found one just like this at a jewelry store around Christmas for $400. I had kind of procrastinated on buying it, as i wanted to price shop. So i did some research online and found this ring. By the time I decided to move forward, it was less than a week before Christmas. I was really worried that I would not get the ring in time ordering online, but I submitted my order. However, due to my concern of not getting the ring in time for Christmas, I also purchased the same ring from my local jewelry store, verifying that I could infact return it if he "didnt like it". I ended up getting the ring I ordered from overstock 2 days after I made the purchase. So I had 2 alike rings in my possession for a moment. I had them both out, comparing them. And the stone in the ring from overstock, was actually bigger than the one from my jewelry store. At that point, I returned the ring to the jewelry store, for a full refund. As I had received the one from overstock in plenty of time to wrap for Christmas..... My husband LOVES it... I catch him looking at it constantly. I would recommend this ring to anyone for any occassion. Sincerely, T*****- Seattle WA
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? EXACT
- How accurate was the sizing? It was perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is just as if I purchased from a regular jewelry store
I wanted a unique ring for a very special man. This is his wedding band. I looked at several sites as well as in various stores before coming across this ring. As soon as I saw it I knew it was the style I wanted. Masculine, as well as, stylish (just like him). It was also important to me his ring look nothing like any other ring I had seen before! This ring definitely fit all my criteria, and my husband loves it! So happy I found this site and especially the ring!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Looked exactly as the picture portrayed! Beautiful ring! He loved it.
- How accurate was the sizing? Was actually a little larger than the size I ordered - would recommend ordering half a size smaller especially since this ring canNOT be sized (due to the carbon)!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Again, very good quality, heavy metal, beautiful UNIQUE ring!
I bought this as a wedding band for my (now) husband and he loved it. He is in the military and his job requires them to not wear any jewelry, so he got used to wearing it with his dog tags. Well I guess these rings can't handle it because the end silver band broke in half and fell off. Luckly it broke within 30 days of purchasing it and I was able to exchange it with no problem. Besides that, everything was perfect with it. Although, now he doesn't wear his new one on his dog tag anymore.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- How accurate was the sizing? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Average
I bought this ring for my husband and I ordered it a half size smaller because of the description saying that the rings run big. It fit him perfectly. We had measured him as a 9.5 and a size 9 is perfect for him. He loves the ring and receives many compliments on it. The picture doesn't do it justice. Once we got it, it is even more beautiful than I expected. We absolutely love it!
I was very happy to buy this ring two years ago as an upgrade from my gold band wedding ring, but after two years the diamond in the ring fell out. The diamond in the ring is not built to last. I just had a jeweler look at it from a reputable family business in my city and the jeweler said he cannot place the diamond in the ring because the ring is tungsten carbon and not a precious metal. Diamonds are supposed to be set in metal and he cannot because tungsten is to hard. He said he could glue a new diamond in but that would be a waste of money because the diamond will fall out again like it did in the first place.
Ring looks good but more importantly husband says it is comfortable and fits well so he wears it. Thanks O.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Just as nice or better than the picture
- How accurate was the sizing? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
I like this ring, I had one of the art-carved solid tungsten carbide rings prior to this and those were a little too bulky, heavy, and I found myself constantly taking it off to do tasks, and then it slipped off and shattered on the floor. This ring is much lighter and more comfortable to wear regularly, and I like the style a lot. I've actually dropped it on the same floor and it bounced and didn't shatter. I am tough on rings and watches and this one is holding up nicely so far. It looks just like the photo, and I've had several compliments. The diamond is a nice touch, but because of the mount and the diamond quality it's not very sparkly if you're picky on diamonds. Just consider it a tasteful little accent and not the focus point of the ring.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Exactly the same
- How accurate was the sizing? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Appears to be no issues
I brought this as a wedding gift from my husband and he absolutely loved it. He wears it often and gets plenty of compliments. Not a bad price for a nice ring.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? It looks even nicer in person
- How accurate was the sizing? Very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The ring is strong and has a lot of detail
I instantly loved this ring and ordered it for my (now) husband's engagement ring back in December of 2011. He loved it as well and got numerous compliments. Thank goodness I ordered the Platinum Protection Plan though, because just 6 months after purchasing, the diamond fell out. We were very disappointed and a little worried about the security of the diamond if we purchase another. The company was very cooperative and issued us a refund. I love the durability and look of this ring, but we are still deciding on purchasing another with the diamond. My husband is not rough on his rings at all, so hope it was just a fluke if we decide to buy with a diamond again. Otherwise, this was an extremely good buy!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Perfect match
- How accurate was the sizing? Just about right- maybe order a half size smaller
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Looked very classy, very comfortable to wear
I bought this for my husband to replace his original wedding band because it was too tight. This is a very modern and nice ring, but it was not to his liking because it was too wide for his hand/fingers. He was looking for a smaller width.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? exact
- How accurate was the sizing? Very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality
Looks Evan better in real life it come safe in Box and match the size perfect
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? great
- How accurate was the sizing? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. brand new
I would buy this ring over and over if need be. I had it now for couple of months and no scrathes or chips.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? it was pretty close
- How accurate was the sizing? again close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. it stands up to my job so its a great ring
I bought this ring for my fiance and he loves it. It looks very masculine and durable.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Looked like the picture
- How accurate was the sizing? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Looks very durable