I lost my original Tungsten band at the lake and it was one that my wife paid $250 for at a jewelry store. I loved that band, but I thought it would be silly to pay that much again for another one. So we looked around and I found this one that was similar to the one I had. When I got it in it wasn't as heavy as my other one which i missed. The reason I went with tungsten in the first place was because of the durability and you can't scratch it. I used to enjoy taking my ring off and letting someone rub it on the cement or try to scratch it with a knife only to see that there weren't any scratches. With this ring you can't do that. It showed scratches after just normal use. I'm not sure why because it shouldn't do that. I'm not going to complain too much because the price is a great price, but I wish the quality was the same as my original one.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? The image was little off compared to it in person, but it was still nice looking.
- How accurate was the sizing? I'm actually in the process of getting a smaller size because it was too big.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The ring was *** so the quality is worth that much, but not more than that.
After nearly twenty-five years of wedded bliss my wife and I started looking for a ring to replace my very worn and thinning original gold wedding band. What we found was that the sizing tools on the websites were WAY off and the color of Tungsten Carbide was definitely more of a smokey gray than the shiny silver in the photos. We gave up and I just went without a band for a while. That was...awkward. The other night I looked on Overstock again, saw this ring, and ordered it. I received it today and here are the three things I really like: 1. The color is very, very close to the online photo (wysiwyg). Great brushed silver tone with the polished edges. Nice. 2. The fit was perfect. After screwing around with the online sizing tool and getting rings too big and then too small and finally ignoring ALL the other reviews that said "order this ring a half size big "or order that ring smaller" , I finally ordered a 9.5 and it fit perfectly! What else can I say.. perrrfecct-ly, but that would be a spelling error. 3. Most of the TC rings I tried had too thick of "walls on them". They uncomfortably crowded the fingers on either side. Some were simply too wide. I have medium sized hands and my original gold band was 5mm in width, a tad small. I tried a 9mm and it just looked out of proportion with my hand. 6.5 mm looks just right. If you have medium or smaller hands wearing a big ring is a sure fire way to make them look even smaller. 4. Right. The observant among you readers noticed that I slid a fourth point in here and I only advertised three! Sharp as a fresh scalpel you are! Price is the fourth point. You have to love the price for a ring that looks this good and fits this good. If you like the classic styling, you won't be disappointed.
The ring shipped quickly and was very high quality. It met the description perfectly and my husband was very pleased. It was just what we wanted.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? I received exactly what I ordered.
- How accurate was the sizing? The sizing was a little bigger than anticipated by about a 1/2 size.
I am pleasantly surprised with the quality. Manlier color than white gold, nice heavy weight makes it feel like a high quality, whereas white gold in the price range I was looking was cheap feeling (but then again I wasn't looking at the $800 white gold rings, which would have been the equivalent). I think this is the exact same tungsten ring that caught my attention at Kay Jewelers, except I didn't have to pay $200 for it. The only issue is that I was sized at multiple jeweler stores prior to ordering, in which I was told I was a 9 or 9.5 (your fingers change size throughout the day so there is going to be a little variance). I had to do a few returns to get the right size. So I ended up getting an 8, which I have to walk off my finger to get it off, but that is the fit I wanted because I am active and don't want to lose it. So it took me a couple of weeks to get the right size, but my patience saved me almost $160 for the exact same item I wanted. Well worth it.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Very accurate.
- How accurate was the sizing? Order one size smaller than your actual size.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Same as the $200 ring I was looking at in the mall.
Love the ring,and the price is amaizing! Same ring was four times the price in the stores!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Very well
- How accurate was the sizing? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality
I purchased this ring for my husband. The color and quality of the ring is great. It seems to very durable and good quality. However, after numerous hand washes and showers, the ring does seem to fade from shining to a dark gray coloration. It's a great ring, don't get me wrong. We just wished the color lasted longer or didn't even change at all. I would definitely buy it again.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Very close
- How accurate was the sizing? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It holds up well.
Have only had the ring for several weeks, so far pleased with the purchase. The ring is a litter lighter than those that I tried on in the local jewelry stores, appearance seems comparable. I did try to do research regarding the grade of Tungsten and why this ring is so much cheaper than the local jewelry stores and I could not find anything to dissuade my purchase.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Very Close
- How accurate was the sizing? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
The ring got here very quickly and I'm really satisfied with it. The only thing I would have done differently is get the 6 mm instead of the 6.5, but it's not that big of a deal. My hands are about medium size and these rings are a little bulkier than the gold bands, but it still fits and looks great.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? The image gives an accurate reflection of how the ring actually looks.
- How accurate was the sizing? I was fitted at a jewelry store for either a 7.5 or 8 comfortably. I saw that a lot of people said to order a half size smaller, so I ordered a 7.5 just to be safe and the ring fits just right, not too loose and not too tight.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very strong and sturdy ring. The comfort fit design makes it fit very well.
My fiance really liked this ring. He really wanted a Tungsten ring and this width was just right. We also tried wider but he felt this was less "getting used to" as a non-jewely wearer. I liked it wasn't too shiny-hate shiny!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Good
- How accurate was the sizing? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
Great ring, with a great weight to it. Looks very nice
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? I think the image is pretty accurate.
- How accurate was the sizing? Ordered the same size for a normal ring even though this is comfort fit and it fit fine!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seems like good quality and that it'll last, but we'll see
I bought this for my fiance (now husband) to use as his wedding band. He LOVED the ring, and said he couldn't wait to start wearing it. (However, could not be convinced to wear it as a "man-gagement ring") So this is the ring we used to get married and after months of wearing it still looks like the day we pulled it out of the box. I bought him two, this and a lightweight Titatinium, but he loves the weight (ie: heft) of this ring. It is the perfect thickness and width for a man's ring. The skinnier bands look a little femine and the wider bands are more cumbersome. I was initailly worried about getting him one of the rings that "can't be cut off" because he works on his '57 Ford, but I have learned that these days hospitals (and I think paramedics) are equipped to remove these rings. The sizing this is accurate, order a 1/2 size smaller. The initial ring I ordered (that he got married with) is now a little big because of the cold, so I ordered another a little smaller that he now wears. At this price is is affordable enough for us to keep both for "summer size" and "winter size" rings.
We purchased this ring as a replacement wedding band. My husband said it is comfortable and sized right. He gets many compliments. You just can't beat the price and quality. It is a little on the heavy side but it's expected with this kind of metal.
This was a replacement ring for my husband because he lost the original. He likes the brushed look because it gives off a more subtle shine, and he doesn't have to worry about scratching or bending it because tungsten is 5 times harder than titanium. It's just what he wanted.
I purchased the ring for my husband to use as an every day ring. Because of his field of work, he did not want to wear his good, expensive band. Beautiful ring for a great price! Very happy with our purchase! (the ring did run a 1/2 size big & we had to ship back for a smaller size)
This ring is my fiance's wedding band. He loves it, I love it, and we are extremely satisfied with it! But I would go with whatever your ring size is, and not a size smaller for the "comfort fit."
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? The image was exactly what we got!
- How accurate was the sizing? Don't go with the half size smaller for comfort fit, we did and it was too small, so we had to return it for the next half size up.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Amazing.
Got this ring for my husband he loves the ring, its a bit big so will be getting it smaller if possible, or returning for a smaller size. But would recommend this ring if your getting married and need something actually cheaper than a $1000 ring that looks exactly the same, and you get the bonus that it doesnt scratch.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? it was close enough..the actual color os a bit darker though.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality is as expected