I bought this for my husband for our 3 yr anniversary in October. He always told me that he wanted a tungsten carbide ring. When I found this one I couldn't believe the price. I read the reviews and decided it was the right road to take. I was actually considering the carbon fiber inlay rings but I noticed that those rings have become incredibly popular over the past year. Overall I am very happy with my purchase and I would recommend this ring to other wives searching for that special ring for their hubbys. It does run very big, I purchased a 10.5 and we had to send it back for a 9.5 which was a tiny bit loose but he decided it was good. Its very heavy too. I also read that someone said their ring came in a beautiful box.....I am thinking maybe they chose the gift wrapping option?? because I expected a beautiful box but when it arrived it was in a dinky cheap white box with a pc of Styrofoam holding it somewhat in place...id say, Go for the gift wrapping option. I actually placed the ring in his original wedding ring box (from Zales) and wrapped it. Enjoy!
I was on the prowl for a promise ring for my boyfriend and I found it here, he's a tanker for the USMC so I knew I need something tough and reliable, I snuck the box into his cammies as I said good bye to him as he.went off for two months of training, after a week I get a phone call & he's doing laundry & blabbin away & finds the box, I could feel his smile thru the phone, & his military buddies gather around to see this beautiful ring with a note wrapped in the ring saying "i love you today, tomorrow, forever. Wherever you go I will follow this is my promise to you" he said it was a perfect ring for him considering his job & wears it around his neck along with his dogtags. I LOVE YOU OVERSTOCK for giving me that special moment with him. Can't imagine a better quality ring for a better price.
i bought this ring for my husband and we were so excited when we got it. Both of us thought it was an amazing looking ring. WE did end up having to order a different size. it definitely runs a half size to big. Its a very unique ring and he always had people complimenting him on it . but after a few months the black began to wear off. he has now had it six months and its almost completely silver. im tempted to order another one and keep it for when he dresses up or we r going out. but i feel its a bit of a waist. so like i said i LOVE the way it looks but am very DISAPPOINTED in the way it has held up in such a short time.
I purchased this ring for my fiance who stated if he had to buy me a ring, I had to buy him one. He picked it out as a "fun" ring before he'll wear the more traditional wedding band. I do recommend going half a size smaller than normal, which apparently is common with "comfort fit." He is normally a 9.5 but we ordered a 9 and it is perfect. It's somewhat heavy, but he likes the weight and says it doesn't pinch or get in his way. He really likes it and makes a point to show it off to friends and family. It is very shiny and smooth and looks just like the picture. Absolutely no complaints. Definitely recommended.
We were looking for a unique ring and we found it in this one. It is a heavy ring that may take some time to getting comfortable with it. It is exactly as its shown in the picture and looks amazing on him. It was shipped fast and very affordable! I would highly recommend this ring if you're looking for something sturdy and unique. I love it, more importantly HE loves it! This was my first purchase using overstock and it will not be my last. VERY happy customer!!! Thank You Overstock!!!
I bought this ring as my wedding band. The first ring I received was perfect and looked exactly like the one pictured. However, it was too big. I listened to suggested and ordered up. I returned this first ring and received my second ring. This one was true to size, however the plated section looked dark gray, like hematite, not black like the first one I ordered. However, my true gripe comes from the fact that this ring made me break out in a nasty rash. Thinking I had got something under the ring, I let it heal and tried again, only to have the same results. After much research, I discovered that tungsten carbide rings that use cobalt as a binder cause a nasty skin reaction like the one I had. Therefore, I have concluded that AT LEAST SOME OF THESE RINGS have COBALT as a binder, CONTRARY TO THE DESCRIPTION. Aside from this issue, the ring is very attractive and weighty. However, I am deeply disappointed that I cannot wear the wedding band that is in all of our wedding photos. I will not purchase another tungsten carbide ring from overstock.com because I cannot trust that their descriptions are accurate.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Plated section was dark gray, not black
- How accurate was the sizing? Ring was true to size
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Probably pretty good
I really do love the way the ring looks, however Very disppointed that the "plated black " is fading after just 3 weeks. Its not like my husband washes his hands in bleach, he is an active man with no scratches on it. BUT, it is noticably fading. Tisk tisk. You get what you pay for. Stay away from plated. For the price, it's a great vacation ring that you wouldnt mind if it fell of scuba diving
We received the ring but had to return it and go up a half size. The ring was great he loved it and I am happy I went for it...
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? it was the same as featured
- How accurate was the sizing? it ran smaller than expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great quality
This ring is amazing when u actually see it in person! i love it but i have to return it for a different size and its a bunch of crap you have to go threw to return a item...your money gets deducted from your refund that you don't get back? That's how overstock makes its money if that's how it works. I will not be ordering very much from here ne more!!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? pretty well
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great
When I ordered it, I was under the impression the outer two rings were black and the inner ring was grey-black (like a brushed or frosted black tungsten). When I received the ring, the outer two rings were a light grey and inner ring silver. Not what the picture looks like online. However, thankfully my fiance likes it since he will be the one wearing it.
The pictures of this ring do not do it justice! It is a beautiful ring. I would recommend this to anyone. My husband loved it for Christmas and was amazed at the cost. I had to send it back due to sizing issues but that is my fault for not listening to reviews on that. If you're looking for a low cost/durable ring, this is your go to.
Bought this for my fiance for his wedding band. Looks even better in person. Very pleased with the product and especially the price!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Very well
- How accurate was the sizing? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very pleased!
What is there to say? It is cool,it is tough. I can bounce it off the concrete floor and it bounces back without a single mark on it. That Is Tough!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Exactly
- How accurate was the sizing? Spot on!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I love the ring. A friend of mine(female)loves the ring.
He is happy with the ring. Has been wearing it, since he lost his gold band in ocean during vacation. This looks nice, and altho it is a trifle smaller, he likes it tight because it cannot get lost. It is an attractive ring.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? exact
- How accurate was the sizing? a little tight because we had to go smaller than required due to what was available
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very nice
I thought I was going to get a black ring instead I got a dark silver ring :((
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? poor
- How accurate was the sizing? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Average
The ring is really nice and never got scratched, but after 8 months of use the ring crack and broke. Even than my husband doesn't use it all the time because he is not use to wear rings and is a little bit uncomfortable for him. It was a surprise that the ring crack because is tungsten and is a very strong material. Very disappointed!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Looks exactly the same
- How accurate was the sizing? Bigger
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor
I'm glad I chose this ring. I looked around for nice rings that didn't cost $200+ and most of them were cheap and ugly. This one is perfect. It doesn't pinch, slides off easily, but not easily enough to fall off. It is heavy, which takes some getting used to. But it is very comfortable.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Looks exactly like the image on the site.
- How accurate was the sizing? Accurate sizing.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Perfect. Shiny and new.
My fiance wanted a ring that looked unique and would suit him. He's in the army so he needed a ring tough enough to withstand wear and tear. I received it yesterday and it's just perfect. The ring was a steal at the price and looks just like the picture. He got his finger measured at the jewelers and the ring was true to size. It's a nice weight and seems very high quality. When he tried it on he couldn't stop smiling. Now he wishes the wedding would come sooner so he can wear it all the time.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Exactly as pictured
- How accurate was the sizing? True to size if you get measured at a jewelers, not with the online guide
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Exceptional Quality
I was worried about the size due to all the other reviews that I read. I believe that the size chart that overstock provides isn't really true to size. We got my husband's finger sized at a jewelry store and we used that size. The ring fit him perfect. The size chart from overstock had his finger one size up. The ring is so beautiful in person and is worth the price. I would highly recommend this ring.
- Did the image onsite match the product? Yes
- Did the product fit true to size? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Excellent