Get out a ruler to actually get an idea of the stone size. It's very large. The band is very plain and thin from the top view, so it gives it a dainty look. The filigree work on the sides is not immediately noticeable but gives it a nice touch of detail to an otherwise simple piece. Because the band is so thin, it does feel loose even though it's the correct size. So if you're a 1/2 size maybe get the whole size down? Though thin, the band seems sturdy. I find that I need to wear it by itself on 1 hand to show it's elegance. The stone is about as wide as my ring finger I wear it on. It is a very pale blue which is just what I was looking for. Very sparkly, the cut is brilliant and professional looking, not like a gumball ring like someone said. It does look very expensive if you aren't piling a lot of other jewelry on with it. Otherwise it's large size might look gaudy on some. I'm very pleased and get many compliments on it.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- How accurate was the sizing? Accurate if you check measurements on ruler to understand actual size
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality
I love this ring - even though the ring arrived late I was not disappointed. The stone itself is very pretty, if you like Amethyst (like I do) this will be a beautiful ring to have with that color stone. It's well cut and the stone shines. The silver mounting is very well polished and has some nice designs on the shank and underneath the stone. Very well made ... Now I have to find matching earrings or pendant to go with it. Go for it, it's a great buy and a really nice ring.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? very close to the picture
- How accurate was the sizing? very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. nice workmanship
I have been looking for a green amethyst ring for awhile now. I was excited to find this beautiful ring at such a great price! I just received it and I'm greatly disappointed. The stone itself is not very sparkly, I have to hold it under direct light to get a shine. The silver design of the band is beautiful but the lack of color in the stone does not make it worth keeping. The stone is so pale I can barely call this green. The fit is great, although some other reviews said it was off.I wish it were more green because it truly is a very pretty ring. :(
I have bought other jewelry from Overstock before and been very pleased, but this ring was a dissappointment. The silver filagree setting was pretty, but the stone was very dull, lacked sparkle, and not nearly as nice of a green color as in the picture. Because of the lack-luster stone and its large size, the overall look of the ring was a bit cheap. I returned it and hope my next purchase will be better.
I knew that this ring was going to be a light colored stone BUT I didn't know that it would be as light as it is. It's ok but not fantastic. No super impressed but will keep it anyways and wear it only when I am wearing some green so that it might pop with the green that I am wearing. The workmanship is very good.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? The stone isn't very colorful.
- How accurate was the sizing? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. ok
I am very pleased with this ring. The stone is a very pretty light blue-- not at all pale, which some blue topaz can be. The stone sits up high enough in the filigree setting to be noticed, but not high enough to get knocked on things. The filigree setting complements the stone, but it's the pretty color of the stone itself that you really notice. I think this is an excellent value, and I would recommend it to friends. I also purchased the purple amethyst in the same style, but I didn't like the stone as well and I may return it. Although pretty, it just doesn't catch your eye like this light blue topaz does. Enjoy!
Though the color of the amethyst is a very nice rich purple but the cut of the stone reflects so much light you can't see the color unless it is under very strong light from behind the stone. The setting is lovely and the quality is otherwise good. It is a shame the stone wasn't cut with a flat table on top to allow the light to pass through the stone and reflect the color better. The photograph of this ring is deceptive because it looks like there is a table. It is actually cut with many facets all over the top like a prism.
Liked this ring. Very pretty. Does sit high on finger so if you do not like this then this is not the ring for you. Fun to wear!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? very accurate
- How accurate was the sizing? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good
This is a very pretty ring. The stone is very nice. however, the band of the ring is sooooo thin. It actually broke when I tried to take it off after my finger had swollen slightly. terrible quality silver
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? image was the same
- How accurate was the sizing? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. the silver was very poor
Not too big, not too small. Beautiful clarity and facets. Silver is substantial, just as shown. Ring profile is not too high, but the topaz is set high enough to throw terrific sparkle. I think it's going to be a favorite, not just a cocktail ring. Simple and lovely!
It is a statement and a half!! Beautiful on the finger, stands alone wonderfully, makes a great statement engagement ring. I have the green amethyst which is my birthstone and favorite color and it's (yes) very subtle, but reminds me of the ocean and will pick up other colors depending own what it is worn with (slightly more turquoise with blue shirts, almost yellow with purples and tans, and with green and whites it showcases the light, mossy, green that is synonymous with green amethyst (go for peridot or emerald if you want green green!) Regardless, gorgeous, I get compliments from across the room, and it's bold and subtle at the same time! Lovely.
I sent the ring back for a replacement and the replacement was just as dull as the first. I am getting very disenchanted with Overstock's webiste pictures of jewerly for they never seem to look the same when you receive it. Do not think I will ever purchase jewerly from them again. Very, very disappointed in quality. Please don't waste your money.
Decent low priced ring, good size stone, not too big or small. Sadly the green is really pale
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Color much much paler in real life
- How accurate was the sizing? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. For the price it is fine
Love the ring. It looks so beautiful in the light. It's definitely worth the price.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Stone is a little lighter
- How accurate was the sizing? Spot on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great
This is a very nice ring for a great price. I especially liked the mount of the ring because it was intricately done!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? It looks very similar
- How accurate was the sizing? It was a good sizing
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality
Amazing quality for the price. As a lover of jewelry and bargain shopper I"m always adding to my collection. This is a great ring for the price. A lot of sparkle but not too gaudy. You can see the facets as much as the sparkle which lends a bit of an anthropologie feel.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Good.
- How accurate was the sizing? Good.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality
well i ordered this ring three times, and had to send them back, for they all had scrates on the stone itself and band ,but i love the ring for the price, so i kept returing and finally got an un damaged yet slightly irreglar cut for the round stone itself. the ring looks light because the bottom of the stone rests just above the finger close enough where you can see the color of your skin at the center of the stone; thus making it appear lighter(or darker). the cut is not an a+ but remember ladies if you were to buy this genuine stone at this carat weight set in sterling you would be paying anywhere from 200 o 300 hundred dollars so to complain of color or even an exchange or two; when the ring itset has a beautiful unusual setting, is a mute point. i love this ring and am happy with the investment, third times the charm and i didnt owe any money for shipping on either return, well worth the wait, green amyests are rare to find and quite alluring
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? stone is lighter green but still in the rang of a natural green amethyst
- How accurate was the sizing? true to size
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. from one to 5 its a 3