Upon opening up the little Overstock jewelry box with this little ring, I loved it. The color of the garnet was just beautiful, and I was very pleased with it. The photographs of the ring show an accurate representation of the garnet's color. It's a nice wine/grape juice color that is lighter than the typical garnets you see, but it's beautiful. That's part of the reason why I bought this ring. My husband's birthstone is garnet, but I don't like the color of typical garnets. This garnet is extra special. Upon close inspection, I noticed the garnet had a crack. At first, I thought it was just a big inclusion, but it was a crack. Also, the surface of the garnet was scratched. Therefore, I returned the ring for an exchange. The 2nd ring arrived and was also beautiful. However, the surface of the stone was scratched again. Also, it had big ugly inclusions. I thought I'd try my luck one more time and returned that ring for an exchange. The 3rd ring arrived and, I figured this is as good as it gets. It has no cracks and no large inclusions. However, it does have inclusions. They're rather small and you'd have to look closely to see them. The surface of the ring is very lightly scratched that you can't see it like the other 2 rings. All in all, I think if I had received this ring first, I probably wouldn't have returned it for an exchange. With regard to the size of the ring, I love gemstones and own a few pieces, so I knew what to expect for a 5 mm x 7 mm stone. I measured the garnet myself, and it's the exactly 5 mm x 7 mm. No surprises there. I love that this stone has white topaz as the accent stones. That means no stone on this ring is man made. It's all natural gemstone, and I love that. White topaz does not shine nearly as much as diamonds, but at least it's a natural stone. The garnet on this ring garners all the attention anyway. Another thing that I love about this garnet is that it goes well with the extremely dark burgundy nail polishes that are trendy right now. I was excited to go nail polish shopping after receiving this ring and took it with me. It looks gorgeous with trendy shades of nail polish and is something unique that no one else will have. You can wear it and be trendy and unique at the same time.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? The color of the stone in the images is accurate. However, the actual product has gemstone inclusions (spots).
- How accurate was the sizing? I had to get a bigger size than usual because half sizes were not offered, but the ring fits well.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This is an inexpensive gemstone ring, and you get what you paid for. I had to return the first 2 rings. I figured the 3rd one is as good as it gets.
Well, when I got the ring, I saw that it was a little lopsided, which I didn't mind, but when I realized that one of the smaller gems were missing I decided to return it, and get another one. I'm not sure how the next one will turn out, but the return wasn't really any hassle at all. The ring came in really fast, which I love. Going to see how the return will go. :) Pretty decent for the price. The size of the actual gem was small, and delicate. Loved the product and the concept.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Iffy
- How accurate was the sizing? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Goodish?
I love this simply ring that looks prettier in person than it does on the website.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? better in person
- How accurate was the sizing? excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good
The ring has a great color and was a good size since I have small fingers. However there is a large crack/inclusion in the center stone. You can only see it if your really looking in proper lighting so I'm going to keep it. All in all a good ring for the price. Can't expect perfect when you only paid $** +
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? exactly
- How accurate was the sizing? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. average, it was about what I expected given the previous reviews
My daughter loved the ring. It is very delicate looking and a good size. The quality is great and it was what I expected.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Was the same
- How accurate was the sizing? Very
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It is a pretty ring for the money. My daughter loved it.
This ring was a gift for my 26 yr old daughter and she just loves it. It is a beautiful ring and well worth the money. I always get great jewely from this web site.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Great
- How accurate was the sizing? Great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is great.
nice enough for the price. looks a little dull in person. its ok
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? looks nicer in the pic
- How accurate was the sizing? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. average
I bought this for my 13 year old daughter. She loves it. I wish the stone was a bit darker. All in all a good choice for a great price.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? The stone was lighter that I had thought, more like a Ruby instead of a Garnet.
- How accurate was the sizing? Accurate sizing
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality of the ring seems fair so far.