I got this for a Christmas present - and it went over great - the only thing was that the second day my girlfriend wore this ring, the main stone fell out of the setting and was lost. So, as good of a deal and as great as the item was described, looked, and was - the prongs of the main stone setting should have been tighter. Once you get this type of ring ... always crimp the prongs or have them professinally tighted.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? the stone in the image was clearer
- How accurate was the sizing? sizing was correct
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality was as listed/expected
This is a deep colored ruby ring. The value is good for the price. My ruby is deep purplish-red and opaque and is cut nicely. The ring looks nicely balanced on my finger. The setting is tall and prominant. For an inexspensive ring, I'm very pleased.
This is the first time I've been disappointed by jewelry I bought here. The ring is not as nice as described or even the same. It's still a pretty ring and at the price, not worth the hassle of returning.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? The stone is a much lighter green than in the photo and no way is it SI1-SI2 clarity! Also, there are no white topaz stones on this ring, of any size.
- How accurate was the sizing? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I didn't expect top quality for this price but it isn't even up to my lowered expectation.
The good thing is that the order was easy and the ring arrived quickly. Also the return was easy. I returned it because it didn't match the phtoto. It was a light green, not the deeper green of the photo. I understand that natural emeralds are not the deep green color of cut and polished emeralds, but this wasn't even close. Also, there seemed to be a crack across the stone. This might have been a natural feature of the stone, but it just made it look broken and cheap. The thick silver band and the uneven prongs also made it seem cheap. I know it was inexpensive and I didn't expect a dazzling stone, but if something looks this bad it doesn't matter if the price is one penny, it's still a waste of time and money.
- Did the image onsite match the product? The ring is much lighter than photo
- Did the product fit true to size? no. had to order half a size smaller than usual size.
- How is the quality of the product? Poor
The ring was not the size I ordered. It was supposed to be a 6 but when I had it checked by a jeweler it was found to be a 6.5. The stone was also a sea-foam green and was cloudy. I could not tell that it was an emerald. I ended up sending the ring back.
I bought this ring for my fiancée. We ordered it in a six 6, but it came too large (as a general rule, always assume that Overstock's rings will be a little bit larger than the size you pick -- this is my experience with the 4 rings I've purchased from them). Not only was the ring too large for her finger, but the thickness of the band (from inside to outside) is 4mm, much too thick for any small finger. The band forced her fingers to bend around the band, and no ring should do that. I am forced to return the ring. So while the ring is beautiful and a great deal, it isn't a practical buy unless the wearer is heavier-set and has large knuckles to offset the thick band.
I ordered this ring for my daughter and did receive it very quickly. However, when I opened it, I was shocked to see the color. It is a sea-foam, almost lime green color. No one would ever think it was an emerald. Also, the band is incredibly thick and uncomfortable to wear. Now, I am in a bind as to what to get her for Christmas at this late date. So disappointing.
I do like this emerald ring. It is not a shiny emerald but looks more like a natural, unfinished emerald. It was really value priced so I did not expect a stone of this size, for that price, to look like a dark green, high clarity jewelry store ring. The band is wide and comfortable. Nice ring for the price.