I have been searching for an opal ring since my son was born in October, and I thought I'd finally found the perfect one, as I love the design with the cabochon surrounded with sparkling white topaz. BUT, I'm disappointed in this ring. Based on the picture I was expecting the opal to have a lot of fire, instead, it looks like a cloudy moonstone laid over holographic foil. The tone has a lot of cloudiness and inclusions. The white topazes surrounding the opal are very sparkly and gorgeous, the actual band is shiny and sturdy, but the opal just sucks. I'm sending this back, and will continue my search for an opal ring. It's also quite large, not cocktail sized, but not tiny either, however, I knew this based on the 2 carat center stone description so it wasn't a surprise. I'd like something daintier, as I have small hands.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? The pictured stone has way more fire than the real one
- How accurate was the sizing? dead on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High quality band, gorgeous setting and white topazes, but the opal looks cheap and tacky
This ring is absolutely beautiful! The opal is full of pinks,greens,blue,and sometimes purple. The topaz shines brightly around the edges, and the ring setting is very well made. Any woman with an October birthday will just be thrilled to have this.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? even more beautiful in person
- How accurate was the sizing? perfect sizing
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is great. Was surprised to find the ring much heavier than expected.