The pearls shown in the photo are nearly silver with a AAA luster and no inclusions. The pearls that arrived are a different story. Most would fall in the AA standard most companies use, with a softer luster than the photo, some very visible inclusions, and a cream color. A couple of the pearls would be closer to an A, with major clefts and divots running over a large part of the pearl. With this in mind, the necklace is still an excellent value. The pearls were extremely uniform, very close to round, and HUGE! From 3-4 feet away the necklace is very good looking. I shopped a lot before this purchase, and you won't find pearls of this size and shape for anywhere near this price anywhere else. If you want quality pearls and are willing to spend some money, look elsewhere. But if you are on a budget and looking for an alternative to tiny little pearls or fake pearls, this necklace is an excellent option.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Not very accurate
- How accurate was the sizing? Very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Fair quality for an excellent price
Very good buy! The pearls are big. There are imperfections and the pearls are not completely round. But, no one can tell unless they come very close. For this price, I cannot expect a perfect strand. The necklace will be perfect for daily use. And it complements my Akoya pearl earrings. The only negative thing is the clasp. I am not sure it is too sturdy. Overall, happy with the purchase.
I own a LOT of pearls, but this strand seemd perfect for every day wear. The pearls I received are well-strung, individually knotted and off round in shape that appear round when worn. The luster is medium and color a creamy white, not stark white, with size and shape that are uniform and well matched. The necklace features a sterling silver ball clasp that is the same size as the pearls and easy to manipulate, which is a definite plus. The strand itself lays flat against my neck with no kinks, and the length is 16 inches, as advertised. There are some minor imperfections on the pearls' surface, but nothing obvious...no pits, gouges or divots. Overall, this necklace is well made and a very good value.
Beautiful starter pearls for a young Lady. A lifetime of use
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? very well
- How accurate was the sizing? true
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality for the price
Granted, I know very little about pearls, but this seems like a great buy to me. The pearls are lustrous, quite, but not perfectly round, and very smooth. They are evenly matched in size. I haven't worn the necklace yet, but it seems to be good quality.
Last Christmas I had purchased three of these necklaces as gifts. I was so pleased with them that this year I ordered two more necklaces as gifts for two of my daughters. They are lovely and elegant and look much more expensive than they really are. I know the will be thrilled with them as well!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Exactly
- How accurate was the sizing? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I was very impressed with the quality of this product. I bought two of these necklaces and was pleased with both of them.