The wall-mount jewelry armoire is a work of art. It is a large piece that is beautifully crafted and has the capacity to hold a great deal of jewelry. The pink-lined drawers remove easily for cleaning. The armoire is a bit heavy, so I decided to purchase larger screws to ensure that it would remain attached to the sheetrock rather than use the ones that came with the box. I have it in my bedroom and it does stick out from the wall a bit, but I still like it a great deal. It would work best in a dressing room or closet.
The Jewelry Amoire is beautiful, and is exactly what I was looking for. This is for people that need that extra space for items collected over the years, because it will hold a lot of jewelry. The amoire is made of durable solid wood, and was packed well, so the internal mirror was protected.
I always wanted one of these to corral all my fashion jewelry. So far it is perfect for keeping everything in one place and off the dresser and out of the two other jewelry boxes I had. I love the little display area at the top. There are numeous hooks for hanging and the drawers are perfect for earings and small things. I am very glad I finally broke down and bought this. I also got free shippiing because this was my very first item ever purchased at OverStock.com. I am very happy with my purchase. RAH
- How accurate was the sizing? It fit exactly in the space.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very well made. Solid
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? Has three defects. Small burr hold from a drill next to one of the pulls on one drawer. Also had a tiny nick in the corner of this same drawer. We bought a "furniture pen" in a dark mahogany color and filled both in and then touched up the spots with a black magic marker. You have to look very hard to see the defects now. Also the mirror is a bit "wavy" but I only use it quickly to see what the jewelry looks like on so it is not a big deal to me.
It hangs on the wall beautifully, saving space, as well as creating space, and is stylish to look at. I am very pleased the original felt lining shown (pink) turned out to be red because I'm not fond of pink. What a bonus! Everything was intact when it arrived. The only hassle is hanging it up on the wall but they provide everything for it. Great product!
This is a lovely armoire, no setup needed. I hung from the wall with monkey hooks. The dowels on the top are perfect for watches and hair ornaments. The drawers are sort of hard to get back in if you take them out, but overall a great piece.
Overall, this is functional for what I wanted it for. I wanted a place to store my mostly costume jewelry that was easily accessible and visible. I was starting to get frustrated about not being able to see and find the pieces I wanted to wear in my old jewelry box. My sister had a similar wall-mounted display case and I thought this would be a nice piece to hang in my bathroom area. The first problem is that the finish is more red than I had thought. It clashed with my Bertch cabinets, so I had to hang it near my closet. This was fine. It's now a part of my "accessory wall" in my bedroom which includes my scarves and shoe racks. The second issue is the drawers. I wish they were taller. I would have rather had three taller drawers than the four short ones. I don't think the drawers are deeper than 2 inches, which means that larger bracelets don't fit. The third issue is that there isn't a place to hang dangly earrings, and the necklace holders are rather short so you have to loop around your longer pieces. I hang my dangly earrings from the necklace holders. The top drawer only has a third of the space dedicated to foam ring slots, which I also use to hold my stud earrings. Finally, the drawers are wood-on-wood, so they grind a bit and don't pull smoothly. It would have been nice to have plastic tracks underneath these to make them smoother. The mirror and cabinet fittings are nice and tight and overall, it does look nice hanging on the wall and does what I hoped it would: allows me to see most of my costume jewelry and access it easily and quickly.
- How accurate was the sizing? It takes up a large footprint on the wall, but could be better with the amount of actual storage.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It is made of wood and MDF (I believe). It is fine for what it is and the price, but don't expect fine furniture.
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? Mine had a minor defect, the left front of the top drawer had a finishing flaw that is very noticeable.
I would have liked the drawers to pull out without fighting to get them back in. There are no stops on the drawers so take care pulling too hard, all your stuff will end up on the floor. For this type item, the price is great and the overall product is good. However, isn't it a heartbreak that everything we purchase is made in China? I would pay more for something that furthers the life and citizens in the USA!!
- How accurate was the sizing? fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? more or less......finish OK.....nothing loose or crooked.
I bought this jewelry armoire for my daughter, who is 35 yo. For being small and not able to contain my daughter's jewelry, the armoire had to be returned.
- How accurate was the sizing? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. average
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? yes