I bought this ring as a gift for a friend to match a bracelet that was purchased elsewhere. I've read the other reviews and wanted to say that the ring is of the quality I expected, which is high, of course, regardless of price. We can all buy costume jewelry anywhere. One reviewer said it could be viewed as having "a plastic look." I thought the ring was elegant and well made. My initial concern prior to receiving the ring was that the stone would not be held in place sufficiently by the prongs. Quite to the contrary, I found the stone to be very well secured. The band of of the ring is adequate for the size to keep it from spinning around the finger. It is however, a large ring given the large stone. This is what I wanted but to make sure it's what you want, pay special attention to the size chart. The ring is over half an inch large. The net is, if you're looking for a bold silver and onyx statement ring to where on your ring or middle finger, this is a good choice and it's well made. It's smooth (shouldn't catch on clothing), simple, and elegant.
This ring is wonderful. I bought it for my wife at a steal and all of her friends have just gone crazy over it, in fact, one tried it on and didn't want to give it back. It has great workmanship and is beautiful on your wife or girlfriend's hand. It goes well with the onyx earrings I purchased just a short time ago. I recommend this ring to anyone who likes onyx.
The stone on this ring kept falling out. Not secure enough! This was a big disappoint.
- Did the image onsite match the product? Product was lot smaller than image
- Did the product fit true to size? yes
- How is the quality of the product? not good
Very nice ring for the price. It's comfortable and easy to wear. It's not flashy, but is 'tailored' and goes well with office or more casual attire. I wear it often and friends have noticed and admired it. I would recommend this ring to anyone wanting a low priced, 'real' onyx and sterling silver ring. The materials are not skimpy.
I can see why a few reviews say the ring looks cheap or the onyx looks like plastic because it sort of does. The ring is light weight and the band is thin. But for the price its a decent ring. The reason I still bought the ring is because of its design. I like the way the sterling silver accents the onyx stone. My only complaint would be that I wish the ring came in half sizes too. It would fit so much better because the ring is top heavy that it constantly falls to the side, especially when my hands are cold. Ordering a size smaller was not ideal just to keep the stone from flopping over when the band is uncomfortable to wear. Overall this is a beautiful ring but don't have too high of an expectation.
I love this ring! I actually had lost it some time ago and NEEDED (not wanted) to buy it again. It is such a wonderful staple to my wardrobe. The only hassle is that the silver does scratch (could be due to how often I wear it and how I handle it) and the stone moves a bit (but it seems secure so I don't fear it will ever fall out. Prayerfully, I won't lose this one, but if I do, I will definitely buy it again!
Have had this ring for a while now and receive many comments on how pretty it is when I wear it. It is understated but elegant. The wrap of silver around the stone is what makes it unique. Fits true to size and I really enjoy wearing it with other black onyx pieces that I have.
The sterling silver is a good quality and the onyx is beautiful. I also recommentd this ring to anyone who wants a inexpensive gift.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Beautiful ring.
- How accurate was the sizing? It's a heavy ring and the sizing was correct.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is excellent. I purchased the ring for an gift and I am happy with the quality.
The silver is pretty heavy...well made and quality of ring appears very good....my issue was the size 6 was a little big...and due to the weight the ring wanted to roll around my finger..would not have stayed on top...so I returned...but quality is great...lot of silver
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? True to picture
- How accurate was the sizing? appear sizing is little off - size 6 seemed big
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Appears well made
I am a bit disappointed, the ring is substancial which is always good in getting your moneys worth in materials, but doesn't always come off as appropriate when wearing as a fashion statement. The ring is gawdy, plus because of the weight, when you have those days that after water loss or something and your fingers shrink a little, the ring naturally slides to the inside of your palm because of weight and becomes a nuisance.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? was a lot bigger than expected
- How accurate was the sizing? okay
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
The stone on the ring was a lot thicker than I thought it would be. It sits pretty high on my hand. Sort of made it look cheap. I wore it though because I did like the swirl design of the silver. The silver is nice and the band is not thin. The first time I wore this ring was on a trip. I was at the airport and I hear something hit the floor. The stone just popped out without any real prompting. It appears just a few drops of glue were used to secure the stone to the ring.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Same
- How accurate was the sizing? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor quality. Stone fell out at the airport the first time I wore it.
I was pleased with the ring, and so was my daughter, who received it from me for Christmas. Shipping time was right on target and the whole buying experience was excellent.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Just as lovely as the screen image, when we saw it in person.
- How accurate was the sizing? perfect sizing
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent quality, nice substantial size and weight, and the gift was much appreciated by my daughter
For the $$$$ this is a great ring. The sizing is right and the stone is set very securely in place. The onyx does have somewhat of a plastic look to it. The band is very thin and the stone is pretty large, so it will flip around on your finger a little.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? exact
- How accurate was the sizing? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good