I gave this as a gift to my friend and she loved it. The back is solid black and we commented that she could wear it that way as well as the front side with the design. The chain is a little flimsy maybe but the pendant itself seems to be well made and looks very nice.
Bought this as a gift for my mom... when she opened it, we were worried that the extremely delicate chain was ruined, as it appeared to be stuck in the silver design on the pendant. It ended up just being stuck in the material that the marcasite stones were pressed into, and we were able to tug it off gently without damage. The quality is not as nice as it appears in the photo... but still a very interesting and unique design.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Yes
- How accurate was the sizing? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. ok... not as nice as expected, but for the price, you can't expect better!
I bought this as a gift for my mom. She loves jewelry and this one was a hit! The pendant was nicer than what I was expecting for the price. The chain could have been better, but overall still a great price even if my mom chooses to use a different chain. I would recommend this to anyone who loves marcasite or is looking to buy a gift for someone who loves marcasite. Thanks Overstock.com for making shopping online so easy.
Although I read others' reviews before placing my order, I was still PLEASANTLY surprised at the overall quality of this pendant. It IS substantial, not light and flimsy. It has just enough marcasites to make it a very attractive, almost classic piece of jewelry. The fact that the reverse side is solid black with a delicate sterling silver rim, makes it more versatile. As other buyers have commented, I, too, will be replacing the very light chain with a heavier and longer one. I am very pleased with this, simple, classic and versatile pendant.
I bought this to give to a friend for her birthday. When I opened the package, I thought it was beautiful! Really nice workmanship. Very stylish.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? very well
- How accurate was the sizing? very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good
It's a beautiful and sophisticated pendant; I did replace the chain with a more substantial one.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Very well
- How accurate was the sizing? Accurate sizing
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High quality
This necklace does come tangled like the other reviews have mentioned. It didn't take much to get it untangled. This necklace seems to be very nice quality. The back is very heavy silver, it's a really nice necklace for the price.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? It looks exactly the same
- How accurate was the sizing? Very true to size
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very heavy quality
I love this pendant. I always get many compliments on it when I wear it. It is distinctive and high quality. You will not be disappointed.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? the picture represents the item well
- How accurate was the sizing? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
This is a nice pendant; I always get compliments when I wear it. It is not too heavy, but of decent quality for the price.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- How accurate was the sizing? Not applicable
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice
The only thing is that it would have been even prettier if the marcasite went all the way around the swirls, other than that it was very nice... not too big, or too small.
- Did the image onsite match the product? Yes
- Did the product fit true to size? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Yes
This necklace is breathtaking! I was really impressed with the size and sparkle. It's the perfect weight and feels and looks more expensive than the price I paid. I didn't give a higher score for the workmanship as the middle swirl that loops to the right is sticking up and it's brand new! The glue or whatever is used to make it stick seems to have come undone and when I press down on it, I can actually see it rise. I'm afraid it might snag on something. Also, on the back, I can see that it doesn't quite close entirely. I'm going to see if I can exchange it as it is truly very beautiful still.
I look forward to giving my daughter this beautiful substantially-sized necklace for her birthday. The chain matches the necklace perfectly. I must mention that there's a hardly noticeable slit-like opening on the onyx back that runs 1/2" along the edge of the onyx before it meets the silver edge. This explains the lower workmanship rating. THE FRONT OF THE PIECE THAT SHOWS IS FLAWLESS! Anyone would look great wearing this necklace.