I love london blue topaz, and the price was absolutely right so I bought myself a little early Christmas present. When I received the ring, the stones were of a nice quality and were well set in the ring. The only thing I was disappointed in is the quality of metal the actual ring is made of. It is supposed to be sterling silver, but after a year in a jewelry store I have never seen silver that looks like this. The edges are rough and unfinished to the point of my finger being uncomfortable when putting on the ring. The appearance is what I would expect from cheap, costume plated jewelry. The prongs are strong, but unless I can get the band refurbished I will be re-mounting these beautiful stones in something more worthy. You really do get what you pay for with this.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? The setting of the stones is accurate to the image, but the metal quality is very poor
- How accurate was the sizing? The ring is accurate to size
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The silver used is a strange, nickel-plated color, and has very rough edges and a poor finish
The stones are very pretty, however as mentioned in a previous review the sterling silver ring leaves it lacking. The ring edges are not soft so it feels a bit chintzy on my finger. Very nice for what I paid for but don't like enough to keep.
Even though the color is slightly off, I didn't want to return it because I love the three-stone setting. But I was disappointed not to get that London blue topaz that was pictured.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? The stones are actually NOT blue....they are teal and do not match the photo.
- How accurate was the sizing? Great.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality