I got this necklace based on reviews here, and must say that I'm mildly disappointed. The necklace looks alright, but the color is very light and you can see through the stones. Add this to the fact that the necklace itself is very light in weight, and the result is a look that resembles cheap clear plastic more than stone. I having faith in Overstock's descriptions that they really are stones, because if I were to see this in a store I'd think it was fake. Also, please heed that it is a very short necklace - I agree with the other reviewers saying it's more of a loose choker than a necklace. I am tiny and the strands fall very close to the neck. The craftmanship of the strands and bindings seems to be of high quality - nothing loose and no seams showing - so overall it's okay.
This necklace has a variety of clear-colored stones that are joined by a silver "wire". The pale colors of the stones can be worn with just about anything. I only wish there were some earrings to match!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? exactly
- How accurate was the sizing? n/a
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. superior
I know my granddaughter will love this ...though it is a christmas gift she doesn't like big jewelry...this will be perfect for her to have in high school.....thanks again for another home run......
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? much nicer
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. well made sotnes very pretty and different
This necklace does not transport in regular jewelry case. Close fit, I personally did not like it so close to my throat. I did get a few compliment because of the simple design. You can wear this dressed up/down.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Image is the same
- How accurate was the sizing? Tight and Close to the Throat
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I did not like having the close feel to my throat
I am going to return this item...it arrived missing a stone. I can tell because the crimp beads on either side of said stone are still in place. I also should have listened to some of the other reviews...I agree that the beads look more like plastic than stone. I'm sure if it wasn't missing the stone, I would have kept it, though. It is still pretty, and the price is not bad.
Bought these as gifts for some girls helping with our wedding. I'm happy with them, they're good value for the price. I love the dainty look of the strands, just be aware that the "gemstones" are very light, sort of clear/opaque instead of a darker gem... you can see the strands through them. I like them still because they look sunny and sweet, and am excited to give them as gifts.