Ok, I know O has a lot of jewelry and it is hard to know what you are getting, but this item is stamped 18k so I know it is a real 18k chain. It is lightweight, thin, and fragile looking. With that said, I kept it because I have a pendant that works with it. I don't wear it everyday and take it off at night so I don't break it. I've own this chain for 3 months now.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? The image is accurate.
- How accurate was the sizing? Accurate and I did measure using metric ruler.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Recommend, but note it is fragile looking, the clasp is a spring ring (not lobster!), yet, I did keep it.
The item looked well made and sturdy. I am a 24K girl but have been having problems with 24K (breakfs often) so I decided to try this 18K. Almost similar color to 24K and goes well with my 24K pendants. The lock is lobster claw so I know it will be safe. I do not take it off but am confident that it will not suddenly break. It looks more expensive than what it cost.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Did not diappoint. Exactly as the image.
- How accurate was the sizing? Quite accurate.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality.
Perfect length for my 2 charms. It's exactly as described in the product details. Locally - this chain would have been doubled (even at the national "warehouse"/members only store). I'm pleased with the quality and especially the price. Keep on bringing us the great deals "O". If I have to add any "cons" it would have to be - needs an easier to open clasp - or maybe a larger clasp. It's secure - just difficult to put on.
I would recommend this to a friend if they needed a delicate chain that would not be compromised by tugging or any accidental pull. It is very pretty gold but I am used to heavy duty chains. My chains take abuse, dogs accidentally pawing it, caught in a comb or brush, it getting accidentally hooked on jacket zippers, ...whatever... I found that I can buy Thai gold from a reputable dealer for just $5.00 a gram over spot weight for 22-24kt solid gold. I buy or shall I say invest in a nice 16gm or 20gm necklace and it is beautiful and strong. So not only am I getting a nice piece of jewelry to wear everyday, I am also diversifying my investments! This chain is a 1-2gm chain that costs me more per gram than solid 24kt. Again, it's pretty, but way too delicate for me.
May have been a mistake in shipping, but cautionary tale in that you should always measure something like this the second you get it. Also, ignore the pictures/images and instead take out a ruler and see what 1mm actually looks like - it's incredibly thin.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? misleading
- How accurate was the sizing? too short by a about 2"
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. chain was incredibly thin, don't trust the picture, take out a ruler and look at how small 1mm really is.