That's right! This pearl necklace made me look great when my wife opened the very classy wood gift box to reveal the strand of Akoya Pearls in front of the inlaws this Christmas. Of course, no one bats 1000, so any realistic person knows products and services can experience a glitch now and then; but not in this case. I have seen workmanship that surpasses that of the Akoya strand -- at 3 or 4 times the price. But the difference is truly slight while the price difference is huge. These are and will be a big hit for a long time. Beautiful satin-bedded presentation gift box. I could get away with stuff like not taking out the garbage and leaving my boxers on the bathroom floor for at least a month after this great gift decision! Keep that in mind . . .
I did a fair amount of research about pearls,size,luster and grading before I made my purchase.With their 30 day return policy I figured I could not go too far wrong. I was right. The pearls arrived the other day. They were superb in all aspects, The wooden box they are in also was flawless.i highly recommend this item to anyone looking for a high-end strand of Akoya pearls (AAA) in a beatiful wood presentation case at a very low purchase price.
I bought these pearls for my fiancee for her birthday. Before ordering, I was a little worried since she already has a string of AAA quality akoya pearls (6.0-6.5mm) that she never wears. But to see her open the box was to remove all doubts--they were so lustrous and perfect looking, and the size is large enough to look rich and elegant, but not too big for a young woman. She has worn them every day since receiving them. The box I received was also perfect.
The pearls are good, but they are not well strung. They were given as a gift. The person who received our gift complained that the clasp got detached from the rest of the string soon. We were embarassed.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? The image was accurate, but lacked detail.
- How accurate was the sizing? The sizing is accurate.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality of this product is not what I expected it to be. I am not surprised, because it was offered at a price that I was not able to find elsewhere.
My girlfriend has wanted a pearl necklace for some time, so I had been looking around for a while. Seeing as a high quality peal necklace from a jeweler was out of my price range, this necklace from Overstock caught my eye. I was reluctant at first, because the price seemed too good to be true. I bought it, figuring that I could return it if it didn't meet my expectations. When it arrived, several of the pearls had noticeable white streaks on them. I exchanged it, and got another one that was free from defect. After giving it to my girlfriend, the clasp separated from the string and the string broke--only after about a month of use. I've seen this is a problem other people are having. So beware--the pearls are actually a good value for the price, but don't expect to get much wear out of it before it breaks. It's a shame, because she really did love the necklace, but it is embarrassing to give a gift that is so poorly made. You really get what you pay for with this necklace. Consider having it restrung with quality materials/craftsmanship before giving it to someone.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Looks similar
- How accurate was the sizing? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. cheaply constructed
These were a graduation gift for granddaughter. Had looked at the local jewelers who were selling fresh water pearls strands for more than these Akoya pearls! My granddaughter was so thrilled and is wearing them today for her graduation party. She is pleased so I am more than pleased. These pearls really are stunning! Thanks Overstock!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? The pearls were beautiful in person - hard to get a good feel for the item until in your hands - we were delighted!
- How accurate was the sizing? spot on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The luster of the pearls makes it hard to take your eyes off of them!
I bought the necklace for my wife's birthday. I received it in time for her birthday but was a bit disappointed that the wooden box arrived damage and I had no choice but to wrap the gift. However that being said, she absolutely loved the necklace, pearls are her favorite gem and everyone that has seen the necklace loved it. My local jeweler estimated that the necklace is worth well over $2k USD. Note: ( I contacted customer support and they sent me a replacement wooden box the same day, it arrived a day after her birthday but nevertheless they honored their commitment to customer satisfaction. I am very happy and would recommend Overstock.com and this item without reservation.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Picture does not do it justice
- How accurate was the sizing? Very
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent!
I guess we're all ambivalent about buying a high-ticket item over the internet. After reading the reviews for these pearls, I decided to take the plunge, and I am so glad I did! These are the most lustrous pearls I've ever seen! My husband and I bought them for our soon-to-be daughter-in-law for her hard work earning her master's degree. She put them on, and they were absolutely stunning! The pearls are very nearly perfect, and she was delighted with them. I believed if they were not good quality that I could always send them back -- but we are 100% satisfied with this purchase.
This is an amazing bargain price akoya pearl necklace that you can never find this quality pearl in this price. of course i understand why this is so discount price. because this pearl surface is not perfect quality. i have real thousand $$ Akoya pearl necklace and earrings with certification from Japan directly. i know very well about especially pearl -Akoya, South sea, Freshwater from China. This one is not higher quality in Akoya pearl, but if you do not worry about highest quality pearl in akoya, this is the best and lowest great bargain price akoya pearl that you can find.
I knew nothing about pearls so I did some (actually quite a lot) of research. I learned more about pearls than I really meant to but I really like to know what I'm buying. After purchasing these I took them to a friend who is a registered gemologist and jeweler and he was very impressed. He told me they were worth at least twice what I paid. I wanted a second opinion so I took them to a local jewelry store to have them appraised and was told the same thing. Bottom line, these are very nice pearls for a very good price.
I would trust this site again for jewelry. While I know little about pearls, I know these look the way I would expect a very expensive string to look. And if my wife is thrilled with them, that's enough
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Very good
- How accurate was the sizing? very
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I know nothing of pearls. They look like I would expect for a quality piece of jewelry. Properly knotted and clasped.
I bought my wife this necklace for Christmas and she absolutely loves it.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Very well
- How accurate was the sizing? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great quality
I bought these as a wedding gift for my wife and she loved them. She wanted pearls ever since she was a little girl and saw her grandmothers pearls. These were the best quality pearls i found for the money and the box they come in is also good quality.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? very accurate picture
- How accurate was the sizing? very accuarte representation of size
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. these pearls are just as good as ones in my local jewelry store that they wanted 400 buck for.