If you are used to genuine opal, this piece would be a disappointment. The piece is light and feels like plastic, the best thing about this necklace is the chain it came on. I was extremely disappointed and returned the necklace. Although the opal is kind of pretty it looks fake and not at all the quality I was expecting.
- Would you recommend this to a friend? No
I am totally happy with this necklace. The opals are nice and bright. I also purchased some months back a pair of earrings that match this perfectly although they are not connected when you search for opals. The workmanship is good and I love the pendant and earrings together as a set. The chain is a bit flimsy. I like a bit more weight with silver chains and prefer lobster clasps but this one is OK. I use another chain for the pendant. It is great, the price is great and I hope to wear it for a long long time!! Remember, most Opals are lab created. Natural opals are a soft stone and prone to cracking. Lab created are stronger. Hope this is helpful.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? The image was much prettier than the photo on the page
- How accurate was the sizing? It was accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This necklace is beautiful. It is a lab created Opal as most of them are. It has rich, bright colors and the sliver channels inlaid are a nice touch.
- Would you recommend this to a friend? Yes