Other reviews mentioned it, but I did not take their word for it: the ring has no texture whatsoever. It is very smooth and glossy, unlike the image that is shown on the website. Not that it's "bad," it's just not what you expect when you see it online - and you might not like what you get in the mail.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? No. It looks like it has texture on the site, but it is really a very smooth surface and both the black and the color look painted on.
- How accurate was the sizing? A half size too small.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is ok. Nothing exciting. Not poor either.
It is a good ring, cheap, and looks great. It is .5 (at least) smaller than normal so buy it bigger than you normally would. Also the design is flat, the picture makes it look 3D, but it isn't.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? The image makes the details look 3D, but they aren't
- How accurate was the sizing? The ring size is probably, at least, .5 smaller than your finger.
I bought this one because of the pattern. It is different ,yet elegant and eye-catching.The price is a big selling point, too!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Good
- How accurate was the sizing? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
I surprised my husband with this ring and he loves it. He is very simple with jewelry: a watch, a ring, and maybe a chain. After he received the ring he decided to open up his own Overstock account. The ring is manly asnd beautiful in design. Very understated and perfect for my husband's personality. Once again, thank you Overstock.
My fiance and I were searching for a unique matching set of less formal bands to own in addition to our original wedding bands. When we found this photo, we were SO excited. The photo gives the impression of a beautiful design AND texture. The geometric look seems to be silver and black rectangles whose borders are cut into the ring. There is no texture; the design is just printed. I have to say, the phrase "you get what you pay for" isn't exactly appropriate. We truly feel like the rings are worth much less without that detail. Additionally, we found the rings to be quite uncomfortable. This may not be the case for someone who likes thick bands or someone who has larger hands. Ultimately, we will be returning the rings and looking for something else.
- Did the image onsite match the product? No, the image gives the impression of a ring with really unique texture/detail. In reality, it's just printed on the ring.
- Did the product fit true to size? We used the O.com ring chart and the rings fit quite well. These sizes were about 1 size larger than our local jeweler's sizing.
- How is the quality of the product? The ring is hefty, seemingly quite sturdy. However, the description is poor, and not therefore we were very unimpressed!
This is a nice token of jewelry for a man, as far as a cheaper piece of Jewelry. I would caution however, that the edges are not comfortable for someone who types all day, as the edges are not smooth. Otherwise it was just the right item for the right price, and it has kept up it's look for the last couple years- still looking like when we got it.
I was very happy with this ring when it came, however it was purchased as a wedding band for my fiance and when it arrived, it was scratched in 2 places on the black part. We decided to keep the ring and he just wears it as a casual ring. We LOVED it, but if it scratches THAT easily, we want something else as a wedding ring! OVERALL, very happy with the style and sizing! BEAUTIFUL!
I ordered this temporary ring for my fiance and I have to admit I was a little disappointed. We are getting married kind of in a hurry and just needed something quick. You get what you pay for. Although the ring did have some weight to it, the design looked painted on. The picture gave it a somewhat 3_d effect. When he put it on, it looked VERY feminine. It was not at all appropriate for a manly man.
After searching on other sites and in jewlery stores I decided to try overstock. I was pleased to find a great selection of rings. especially the selection they had available in stainless steel. I was looking for a ring as a gift for my husband with a unique design. This ring came sooner than I expected and the quality of the ring is great, far better than what I expected for the price. I have worn it everyday since I purchased it. However I do agree with the other reviews that you should purchase the ring one size larger becuase I bought the ring for my husband (normally 10.5) but it was too small for him, so now I were it. It looks great on my finger as well. So I orderes another ring, size 11.25 fits him perfect. Now we have matching rings, perfect gift for him or for her.