I love this watch. I looked at lots of brands and shopped many sites before purchasing. The watch is large and heavy on the wrist but that is what I was looking for. I am average size and had 4 links removed. The band is good quality, the time and date are easy to read. I have not had any problems with clasp or wind stem. I most definitely purchase again.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? The image is perfect.
- How accurate was the sizing? Watch is large, photo is descriptive of size.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality.
The watch is just gorgeous but it unfortunately doesn't hold the time. I went to several jewelers in order to have some links removed. I found out that I could have it done at their company in NY, which was an inconvenience, but to top it off, they kept my extra links. I had purchased another Akribos watch at the same time as this ceramic one and that one doesn't work either. Terrible brand. Never again.
I should have relied on the other reviews - the watch does not work - I set the time and date per the instructions, however the watch worked intermittently. There is a serious design flaw with the pin on the side that you use to set the time and date -- and it sticks far out and you can "screw" it in to the side of the watch but then the time stops. Does the same if you don't. Nice looking watch and has weight to it - too bad. Going to return it.
I purchased this watch in August. I loved the look. It is beautiful, but the clasp would not stay closed. I kept re-fastening it which was not enough for me to return it because I thought it was so pretty. Then it stopped working. So, I made another excuse thinking it had been sitting around a warehouse for a year or so and needed a new battery. $10 later of buying a battery for my NEW watch for my over $100 watch and it still does not work! So, I'm back to wearing my $25 Relic White watch that I bought at Kohl's 2 years ago that is still working. Frustrated!
This is a large and rather heavy watch. It was a replacement for another lighter weight ceramic watch which had a cracked link after much wear. It would be good to have the weight listed on these as that was a rather unexpected surprise. It is attractive and well made. Make sure you have a good watch maker remove extra links as there is a special way to do it.
First the band it so big around, this is NOT for a midsized wrist. IIt would have fit on a large man. So, then I had to take to jeweler to get it sized. Shortly after I started to wear it stopped keeping time. So back to the jeweler to replace the battery. I waited a day to pick it up, then at the jeweler we noticed the time is not keeping up even with a new battery. Now I have to send it to NY, with my reciept and a check for *** for them to send it back to me. There is a warrantee on the movement for 2 years. I've just not made it to the post office to send it up to NY.
I was excited to find this watch, until I got it in the mail. Ugh, I couldn't even pull out the pin, to set the time. It was HUGE.. and the face of the watches "diamonds" were so tiny, they looked like stainless steel dots. I was very disappointed.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? You couldn't even tell if there were diamonds on the face..too tiny
- How accurate was the sizing? the watch was huge! I have a large wrist, and this was built for an ape's arm
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I couldn't even pull out the pin, to set the time on the watch. It was big bulky and hard to use.
Nice watch, exactlly as pictured. Although, it is a heavy watch, heavier then I thought it would be. Had to go to 3 jewelers before I could find one that would remove 2 links (cost 24.00).
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? matched the image
- How accurate was the sizing? no information given to how to adjust watch band
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality seems okay
This is an awesome watch and great price. The problem is the size and the closure. It's huge so if you have a smaller size wrist, don't try it. I took it to my jeweler and he said that there was no way that he could make it fit because the clasp was the width of my wrist:(
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Looked the same
- How accurate was the sizing? Wow, it is a huge watch and closure
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice quality
I bought this watch for myself. I had to have it sized at my local jeweler (***). It is a gorgeous watch!! I get lots of complliments on it and enjoy wearing it.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Perfectly sized and rich appearance.
- How accurate was the sizing? excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent quality