I have two problems with this - 1) the color is way off. I understand monitor differences but in this case the description clearly states red. There is even a Q&A that describes the background as "true red." Unfortunately it isn't. The predominant color is more like a rusty, burnt, harvest orange. There is definitley red in there but I certainly would not call it "true red." The orange color didn't work in my bathroom where I was hoping to hang this. 2) I ordered the largest size (36x48) and the reproduction was what I would consider poor. Maybe it's due to the large size, but the print looks out of focus. From across the room it's fine but up close it looks like a cheap knock-off. Even if the color would have been spot-on I would've sent it back due to the blurry issue. Customer service was great and they sent me a second one - unfortunatley it looked just like the first one I received. So, the search continues for an oversized piece of artwork for my master bath.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Poor
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor
We were staging our home for sale, and I purchased this piece in its largest size to replace a large family portrait on the wall in our formal living room. Unfortunately, I was trying to match a red that existed already in our decor, and this didn't quite fit the bill. Understanding that there can be some color variation from what I see on my screen, the background was WAY more orange-red than I anticipated. While we found another piece of artwork for that location, I kept this because I do really like it and hope to work it into our next home.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? More orange than red
I ordered this picture in size 36x48, which was advertised at Rakuten.com, a market place seller on Overstock. The price for the larger size was 46.29, it described the size of the picture and there were no options to choose from.So I ordered this picture. It arrived two days later, to my surprise it was a 14 by 18 size. When I called overstock, and also sent them the page showing the price at 42.69, they told me it was a mistake and needed to be fixed. It had been advertised for nearly a week, shouldn'tt someone have noticed sooner. Nevertheless they would not honor my order and fix this mistake. I feel when you advertise something for a price, mistake or not, you should honor that with the customer.. They should stand behind their advertising. They did nothing but offer to pay for the return of the incorrect item they sent. I have never been to a store that did ot honor their prices as shown. I work in retail and we MUST give the customer the price advertised even if it was a company error.. Overstock, especially being such a huge company, can honor the price and send me the size that I ordered. Its the only right thing to do and I am very dissapoined in this company.
thought I was getting a VanGogh to showcase in my new home, instead I received below standard workmanship.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? completely wrong! better to say faded brown
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. poor quality, wrinkles in canvas, the gallary wrap was a joke - canvas detatching from wood
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? bad
We have not hung the canvas yet as we have some more decorating to do, but the colors go well with our walls and the picture will liven up the wall. Took about a week to get the product, but there was good documentation on the location of the canvas in shipping. No problem with the product making it here without damage.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was a match.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is good.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good description of the product.
The picture was just as described as on the site. Other than the color which was orange.( Only the bottom is a bit red other than that the rest of the picture is really a dark orange.) I am still happy with what I purchased for the size and the price. Anywhere else you just couldn't get a better deal with great quality. It is still a beautiful picture.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was not red as in the picture. It is more orange than shown.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quailty was excellent.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Other than the color, the site description was accurate.
Could someone please explain how Van Gogh, who was by all accounts mentally unstable, paint the exact same tree, flowers and branches for 2 different paintings? The red background has been digitally changed to present 2 different images. The original painting can be found at the Van Gough Museum in Amsterdam, Europe. View this link to ensure you are receiving the CORRECT version of this masterpiece. http://www.vangoghgallery.com/painting/blossoming-almond-tree.html
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? According to the Van Gogh official website it should have been blue
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Incorrect painting for this cherished Artist.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not at all
I love this picture. Its a side of Van Gogh that people don't typically see. I am very happy with this purchase.It matches well with the moss green color of my walls. It really makes the room pop!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Almost spot on!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It seems to be well constructed. The canvas is stretched evenly. There was one "Ding"in the Bottom left corner but no major issue. I loved it to much to send it back.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
I though I was getting a quality painting. Instead, it looked more like a cheap print or a picture of a painting. The colors were really off. The branches look more like yellow & green, rather than brown. The red looked cheap, instead of rich and elegant. I returned it to overstock, without any problems.