Online this rug looks very authentic, like it was truly vintage. However, when it arrived it was damaged from delivery and never quite laid flat. It had a big stretch in the middle of the rug. When opened it just looked cheap. The trim around the rug was especially cheap looking. The color was pretty close, but overall this was just not what I expected.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Average
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Showed up damaged
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fair
I don't think this rug is terrible but it doesn't fit the vintage inspired overdyed look. Still working with overstock on returning it. I was told I could not (tho I didn't see anything saying I couldn't when I bought it) Hopefully they will pull thru for me!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Did not match at all
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality for the price wasn't terrible however I would change the description.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not accurate at all
The last rug I bought from Overstock.com was an expensive, oversized living room gabbeh. It was everything I could ever want in a rug, and everything about its description was accurate, too. So when I looked for a rug for my bedroom, I naturally turned to Overstock. I thought this would be perfect for my purple bedroom. Well, the color is as viewed. but the quality is cheap and lightweight. the overdyed pattern looks significantly better on the picture than it does in reality. I am really quite to lazy to return such a big rug, and so I will use it for another couple of months, until I can afford to replace it. I am very disappointed, I am sorry to say.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color is accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. this rug is pretty cheap looking. The pattern is simply printed on the rug, and it feels coarse. It doesn't look "overdyed"--it looks....I don't know, just cheap.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? I guess it was accurate...
I bought this rug to spruce up my living room. This was a great alternative! I bought the fuschia version and am very please with the vibrant color. The only thing I do not care for is the border is stitched in more of a purple color. All-in-all this is a great rug and adds just the right pop of color.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The fuschia is what I expected, but the trim is a tad too purple for my liking
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is great considering the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? the site description was correct
I really like this rug. The color was more green than I had pictured it. I was hoping for a turquoise rug, as it was called, but I'd say it has more green in it than blue. I like the bright color, but it's not too bright. I also like the way it looks old, but not it's not actually wearing thin as an old rug really does. My mom thought it really was an old rug! It goes well with my modern decor. I plan to decorate the room it is in with more of this greenish turquoise, orange, & grays.
Got this for my 11 year old's room and it is a great pop of bright color. The rug has a rubber backing, so no need for non slip mat underneath, which is nice. The faded design looks really cool in our old house. It is a great rug for the price and while I wouldn't have it in my living room, it's perfect for our tween's room. Someone mentioned that the trim was "too purple" for them...not sure if they've changed the coloring of the trim, but ours matches the pink of the rug perfectly!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Better than expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
Very pleased with this product! I purchased it in fuchsia and the color was exactly as expected. The edging/trim is a sort of lavender as mentioned by another reviewer, but I liked this feature. Sort of your standard rug -- was neither impressed nor disappointed in quality. Definitely adds the perfect splash of eclectic color to my living room! Would buy again.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? As expected.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate.
this style of rug is very popular right now.However, it looks OK and does not shed which is a plus. The shipping is fast and cheap so overall, this was a good purchase, it just looks cheaper than I had hoped for.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color is good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. looks cheaper in person
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? OK
OK, so I read all of the reviews and was prepared for the worst when I got this rug. I knew that it was not going to look exactly like a true overdiyd rug but I was not sure exactly what to expect. I believe someone commented before that it looks like its a printing of an overdyed rug. This is exactly how it comes across. However, I think that this contributes to the funkyness of the rug. It is definitely a cool piece. I ordered the yellow and it's almost exactly as it appears in the pictures. The best benefit of this rug is the rubber bottom. It does not move and it is great if you have animals in the house. We have a lot and it stands up to both the cats and the dogs. If there is an accident, it will not seep through and damage my wood floors. It is great!
Bought the 8x10 in bright pink for a sunny sitting room in my home and I absolutely love it. One should understand that this rug is mimicing the overdyed vintage look, and that they are not buying a hand-knotted silk rug from ABC carpet--so expect an imitation, but a pretty good one. Does not shed, color is vibrant and true to photo, lays perfectly with a pad underneath. For the price I have zero complaints.
Unfortunately, this brightly, colored rug did not meet my expectations. I was disappointed to find that it has a very cheap quality to it. The material, weight and design print were its downfall for me; however, the color was beautiful vibrant, hue.
I needed an anchor for my dressing room whose colors include shades of deep red and pink. This rug was perfection. The distressed appearance offers a variety of hues from a hint of red to light shades of pink to deep fuschia. The colors online matched - if not exceeded - my expectations. #***********************
love it! it's the perfect pop of turquoise green color in my living room. i have it laying on top of a bigger jute rug. looks very boho chic casual. this rug is a great imitation! of course i'd much prefer the real thing but i have 3 cats so there was no way i'd spend $$$ for something that would potentially get ruined from hairballs and cat puke. but i must say the faded colors hide stains very well.. it's easy to spot clean and maintain.