The rug is very nice. I am concerned, however, because it is shedding like crazy. Iniatially I thought it just needed a first vacuum. Everyday it loses more and more threads. When I vacuum it looks like most of the rug is in the vacuum container. I am worried that it will shed so much that it will become thin and begin to show bare spots.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color was great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. arrived very plush
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
This 5x8 wool rug is exactly as it is advertised to be. The color is a muted green, exactly what I wanted. The rug is plush and has not shed at all. It is precisely what I was looking for to tie my bedroom decor together. It is an excellent value!
We are using this red rug as an accent rug on top of a cream colored rug in our living room. We have noticed that this wool rug is shedding and balling up as we walk on it.....very similar to a sweater that "pills" up. We called customer service and they told us that this was normal. We shall continue to vacuum it daily and decide if we are going to return it or not. I would not recommend this wool rug.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. We aren't quite sold on this rug yet.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
Love this rug, love the quality, love the value! I was hesitant to order because I was afraid the color was not as it appeared on the website. I ordered the "RED", it is a beautiful cranberry as I had hoped it would be! The center is i lighter shade, but not a flat color, it has variation and texture. The boarder is a rich cranberry red and has a very plush feel to the feet. I would recommend this area rug, purely on quality and value.
Just moved to a new house with all wooden floors - needed something to cut the empty sound you get without any carpet. I chose my color because the picture on the website is exactly the same as my new floors. The carpet had very little shedding the first vacuuming - the density is so comfortable I do not need to have carpet pad.
Very plush on the feet, looks very expensive. Very rich colors!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? great
I love the rug. It looks and feels great. I would highly recommend it to anyone.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The green isn't a vivid as is looks online.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice quaility
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
This is the perfect color green. Beautiful and muted. I was so suprised at the quality. I was redecorating and replacing a rug I had paid so MUCH more for, and this one looks and feels better!! I love it everytime I look at it! Thank you Overstock!
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? excellent
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
I had been looking at a very similar rug at *** but they were out of stock. I ordered this rug in red. It is a very nice rug! The color is a wine/cranberry color. Nice plush feel. I'm happy with the natural fibers (wool and cotton) as it does not have a chemical smell at all (although it does smell like new wool). This rug is well made. At half the price of the *** rug I was ready to buy, I'm very pleased with this. It also arrived just 7 days after I ordered it--much faster than I expected!
I wanted to say that the border is two shades darker than shown. I made a mistake saying the border was the actual color in the middle. The middle is pretty spot on, just a hair darker. the border is much d darker and does not have that beige brown look like the monitor. HOpe that helps.
Color was true to the pictures. It is not quite as thick as it appears in the pictures, but still feels "plush". It looks great in my living room. I have had it a few days and have not had any of the "excessive shedding of wool fibers" that other reviewers have mentioned. I ordered 5 X 8 grey and that is what I received. However both the package and the actual rug are labeled "denim". I assume that is what made it so inexpensive. So be sure to actually unroll the rug to check if you received the correct color. It is an excellent value and much less expensive than similar rugs online. I wish they had had a 6 X 9 size available in my color.