This is a gorgeous rug, I just wish the picture on the website showed it off better. I bought several peacock-themed area rugs, two of which could be used in my living room in our new home. I wasn't sure which would be better since it's tough to really tell what the item's color is in real-life versus on a computer screen. The first pick is a chartreuse rug and the second was this beige one. I knew whichever didn't work here would move to my office and live it's days out there. The chartreuse rug is gorgeous, but looked absolutely terrible in the room. So, I was more than a little nervous when we started unrolling this one. The beige is just so weird looking in the photo and I didn't see a review describing it. I never should have worried. It's perfect. The beige is warm, not yellowish or sickly-looking. The feathers are an olive green that will be fantastic with my new sofa (it has yet to arrive). Plus the rug compliments my terra cotta walls so well and coordinates with my curtains. It's also very well-made, cushy to walk on (especially since we got the top quality rug pad), and an all-around winner. One thing about the rug: Have a good vacuum. There's a page you'll receive with the rug and it talks about shedding and how it is normal for a new wool rug. Trust me, this baby sheds. It isn't terrible, but I do need to vacuum a bit more. This is especially important with more people in the house because the more the rug is used/walked on, the more shedding there is. But it is beautiful, so I don't mind pulling out my vacuum a little more often. P.S. I highly recommend checking out the peacock Tiffany table lamp on Overstock's website ... it's unusual and SPECTACULAR.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not quite
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
I have been searching for an area rug for my living room for almost 2 years. As soon as I saw this one I knew it would be perfect! The colors are beautiful, not bright just a neutral beige and contrasting green brown for the feathers. My room is a dark golden yellow with teal and brown accents and a dark wood floor. This rug goes so well with everything. I couldn't be happier!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is very accurate.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The rug is a thick, plush wool. It is very heavy and seems to be of good quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
Rug is great, but colors are not as bright as they look in the photo.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Rug looks brighter in picture than actually is.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Rug seems very high quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description of rug was very accurate