I was so excited to get this rug. It looked just like the picture but after a couple of hours I noticed that the rugs sheds everywhere! I thought maybe I would just need to vacuum it once to get rid of it, but it's CONSTANTLY happening! I've had it for 3+ weeks now and I have to vacuum my apartment almost everyday because I see the green fuzz all over the place. If I kneel down on it, I am covered in the tiny green fibers. I'm hoping it will eventually stop, but it's not looking good. It looks like a nice rug, especially right after I vacuum, but definitely not something I would recommend buying.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is accurate.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. At first glance it looks nice, but overall quality is poor.
This rug is very soft and the color is a perfect yellow- exactly as shown in the picture. I rolled it out and it laid flat right away. I used it with a rug pad to give it a little bit more cushion over a stone tile floor. It adds so much warmth and vibrancy to the room- I love it, love it, love it. I have not had too many problems with "shedding" and it vacuums very easily. I have it in a high-traffic area and so far it has help up well.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Beautiful yellow!
Very happy with the rug, good quality and a great price! Only comment for others looking at this rug is that the Ivory version is actually beige. I wouldn't call it ivory at all. So if you're looking for something beige/almost tan & chocolate brown, this rug is great. But if you're looking for something off-white or ivory, you're probably not going to be happy. Beige worked for me and I'm keeping it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? I ordered the Ivory. The chocolate brown lattice color was exactly as pictured but the "ivory" background color was beige.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High quality. Seems thick and well made. Have only had for a few days so can't comment on long term quality.
Do not buy this rug. First of all, the rug appears bold and vibrant on the website. In person however, it is dull and appears dirty. I bought the rug in gold and while I like that color, what seems to be white on the website is actually cream. Now, this may hold for all wool rugs, I'm not sure, but it sheds like crazy. I have the the rug in a room with wood floors and it creates all kinds of dust bunnies in the corners, under the bed, under the furniture, etc. It actually makes my room feel unclean. As a result, I vacuum more often. Unfortunately, the rug sheds so much that my vacuum bag is full of carpet fibers. I've actually had to switch bags several times and those things usually last forever. Overall, I am really disappointed with this purchase. While I hate to throw away money, I know I will not be able to live with this rug. I am going to donate it and look for something new.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The rug looks more vinrant on the website than in person. Also, what appears white is actually cream.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is poor.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The site description was less accurate than customer reviews.
First things first - this rug REEKS. Literally, it smells like a wet animal... while still in the package. When I rolled it out I thought I was going to be sick from the smell. The color (Royal Blue) was cartoonish and not remotely elegant as pictured. The ivory detail/edges also looked worn and dirty and not at all a sharp contrast. It looked like a rug for an outdoor play area and not a classy, elegant rug for an entryway or living space. I hated it so much I returned it the same day. The picures are either or another rug or they were photoshopped, because the reality of the rug is not comparable to the images. And if anyone can get past the smell, you are a better person than I!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not even close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Bad - felt like it should be an outdoor rug
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not at all accurate
I read a bunch of the reviews before deciding to take a chance and purchase the rug. I absolutely love it! It is beautiful and a great quality. The color is perfect for brightening up the room and giving us something soft under our feet. It does shed but if you vacuum regularly it's fine. I would buy this again in a heart beat...I am actually hoping to find it in a runner to put by the front door because I love it so much. You can tell when it's time to vacuum because you will see some collection of the rug bits as well as dirt, but a quick vacuum makes it look like new again. We love it and our dogs do too!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Pretty true to picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It is great, nice thick rug that is very soft on the feet
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
I would highly recommend this carpet! The quality is excellent. It looks like I purchased it at a high end store!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is dead on!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High quality...even better than I expected
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
After 2 years with this rug, it never stopped shedding! Purchased the grey with ivory trim (although this is much closer to beige than white). Didn't hold up as well as I would have liked and finally had to purchase a new rug to replace it.
This rug (the gold/yellow) fits perfectly with my living room. However, it sheds tremendously- like a pet! I vacuum it as often as possible and it still fills the canister of my vacuum. It has been well over 2 months. The style is nice, but the material is terrible. I don't understand how more users did not complain about it and gave higher ratings. If you still continue your purchase, expect to vacuum every day.
I am absolutely obsessed with this rug! It's gorgeous and the quality is far better than I expected. LOVE IT!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It looks exactly the same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I was blown away by the quality of the product. It's really thick and well made!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Right on the money!
I ordered this rug and was worried about the shedding from the other reviews but I have found that I very rarely sit on the floor. The rug is not that comfy b/c it is wool but that is ok for our purposes. We still love it and it is a great design and price. Would def purchase again!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect match.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It seems to be very durable and look very expensive.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
This is a nice rug, I have ordered others from Overstock before that were quite flimsy but this one is the real deal. The only thing that is annoying is the amount that it sheds. Not good if you are going to sit on the floor, you will get little yellow fibers all over your pants. Everytime I vaccum it with my dyson, it FILLS the entire filter with yellow fuzz. I've vacuumed it about 6 times and it still sheds quite a bit.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? pretty close. very vibrant in person
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. decent.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
I've now had this rug for about 2 years. I can tell you that it looked fine until my cat threw up his drinking water on it in the middle of the night. This darkened the spot the same as if water or club soda had wetted it, however, the spot dried and has remained dark. NOTHING I have tried has lightened the spot. The rug is ruined and looks terrible. I've never owned a rug or carpet that resists cleaning the way this does. This is extremely annoying as I have been so careful to try to keep it clean, always removing my shoes in the house and vacuuming regularly. A bad investment. One star just for the looks when new
We were very disappointed in this rug. It looked great online. Literally within an hour of having it on our hardwood floors we noticed clumps of the rug floating around everywhere. It has continued to shed and fall apart everyday since. By far the worst quality rug we have bought for our house. Pretty design but sadly just is cheaply made. We will get rid of it prob within a month - making it being in our house for only two months.