The smell of thsi was that of rope , lots of rope and I do mean lots. It shedded constantly until I decided to retun. I don't believe it would even be good outside as birds would take it apart for their nests.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color matched excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It was to be used under a coffee table, it sheds.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The rug was spot on.
This is a beautiful looking rug. I got the lighter version, which blends really well with our lighter hardwood floors. It's thicker than the rug I replaced, but hasn't caused any tripping problems. So far, I don't see the need for a mat underneath. It smelled very "earthy" for a couple hours but there was soon no smell at all. I'm very pleased with it. Shipping was quick and it arrived in good condition.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I haven't had it long, but quality seems good.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Right on.
It looks ok, like picture and it is what I wanted for a problem area. But within days little "burrs" started popping up. After a couple of weeks they are everywhere. Afraid to trim might start a row of weaving to pull out. There is also an area that looks like faulty weaving. As it is more of a "rough" look item this all sort of blends in. Its what I needed at a decent price - but it is not high quality - however with this price you are not paying high quality price either. It will do. Would I order again? not sure, would have to see how it holds up with these "burrs"
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? SAME
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. OK QUALITY
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? ACCURATE DESCRIPTION
This rug is exactly what I wanted. It is described accurately and everyone's reviews really helped. The only negative is there is a dusty-ness that accumulates under the rug, but it is easily wiped up or vacuumed up. I just run my vaccuum over the rug and it takes care of my dogs' hair. I also love the chunkiness of the rug, it really makes a statement. Reminds me of something I'd see in ***. Love love love
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was what was shown and beautiful.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Site description was accurate
We purchased this rug for our guest room and are very happy with the quality and look of it. It's not only a lovely rug for the money, but a lovely rug - period. Ive been sweeping over vacuuming, as the fringe briefly got caught in the vacuum in pulled it slightly. I would definitely recommend this to others!
Well, it looks great on a dark wood floor, and it's thicker than average. However, be ready to sweep around and under it often. I have had this rug for six months, and it continues to shed bits of dirt, dust, and jute. Luckily it's not in a high traffic area. I like things to remain clean, and not cause more uneccesary work, so if I had to do it over, I wouldn't order.
I was looking to find a neutral rug with a rustic, natural look but Pottery Barn-type rugs were out of our budget. This rug in natural is EXACTLY what I was hoping for and more! We have had the item for almost six months and it looks the same as the day we bought it, except for some slight relaxing and fraying in the fringe on the ends. This rug gets frequent traffic but you can't see any evidence of dirt or wear on the surface. We did not experience any offending smell as some reviews have reported. The only scent when our rug was delivered was an earthy/grassy smell that I would have expected given the material. There is some shedding of dirt that is evident only when you pull the rug up. Sometimes I find a few of the natural fibers have shed as well but the shedding is much less than I have experience with new wool rugs. Our automatic "Neato" vacuum also has no trouble getting up on this rug and vacuuming. Love this rug - and given the quality, durability, and gorgeous aesthetic it brings my room I'd have a very hard time even considering Pottery Barn! Definitely give this rug a look if you are looking for a designer look with a wallet-friendly price! Thanks Overstock!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Natural color was exactly as expected.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great Quality!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description and measurements on site were accurate.
I read all the reviews at least 3 times - yes, all of them! And I still ordered the rug in the natural color: Odor - so slight that I only detected it when the guest room I put it in was all closed up - and even then it was faint. Shedding - yes, it sheds - not overly much, wish it didn't, but not a deal breaker- I use a dust buster on it- very easy Dirt - it lets go of a bit of dirt (I shook it out quite a bit outside before bringing it in). I have it on a rug pad, so dirt doesn't get on the floor except under the fringe, and it's not much - easy to clean Durability - it's in a guest room, not high traffic, but I'm considering buying the bleached color for my bedroom Comfort - I love the feel of the chunky jute- it's not soft like shag, but certainly softer than I thought jute would be - again, I'm considering buying the same rug in a different color for another room Appearance - it is absolutely beautiful - it picks up a number of colors and hues in the guest room. I walk by the room and still stop and look at it - I have it on dark golden brown wood floors. Overall - so glad I ordered it!
I am very pleased with this area rug. The color is like beechwood, a nice light, natural color that has a small amount of darker specks that are not overwhelming or a distraction. It is very chunky and would be uncomfortable underfoot for me if it were in my living room or bedroom. I have used the rug under my dining table over dark maple floors, and it lightens the space up very well. I would buy it again.
About to order an identical one, as this rug is just beautiful! As far as odor, this is a NATURAL jute, and the natural "ropey" odor goes away in a day or two. Vacuum a couple of times to remove rope "dust". Quality is excellent, and the muted tones are perfect on my oak floors.
This rug is exactly what I was looking for. I have looked other places and quite frankly I was discouraged over the high prices. I looked on Overstock and there it was! The exact look I was going for at a price I could afford. I read all the reviews and ordered this rug. Other reviewers mentioned the smell and there was NO smell from this rug. It is a chunky woven rug with wonderful natural woven colors. The fringe is about 3 inches long and is knotted. I am not sure how well the fringe will do from being vacuumed so I would be careful. I think I would just use the bare floor setting and not the beater bar setting. The rug is NOT soft to walk on but given the material it is O.K. with bare feet. I am going to order another one for a different spot in my home.Take a close look at the picture. That is exactly what the rug looks like.....You will LOVE it!!
This is a very nice rug. Not too much shedding. Just a few weeks in though the tassels are frayed out from minimal foot traffic. I will keep the product but I wish the tassels had not fallen to bits so easily.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? true
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? true
This rug is outstanding., it is a natural jute rug., colors are earthly, and make the room come alive., I have it in my sunroom., and you want beautiful this the one for you., I am sooooooooooooooooooooooo glad that I purchased this product. I can't say enough about the look and quality of this rug., will make our area look so complete and homey. It has a rugged texture., and that is what I love about it., it makes a statememt all by it'self. You won't be sorry, you bought this one., it is just plain, "beautiful, homey, rugged., and priced right., Smaller sizes are available.,also. You want something beautiful., this is it., Thanks, again, Overstock, for another great product., I would not use it outside., but if you do., somewhere like a sun porch., that it is protected., from the rain., I love it!!!!!! enjoy, bye
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. perfect
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? yes
The rug arrived yesterday and I couldn't wait to open it. It is even better than expected....very heavy and good workmanship. I am so happy I finally decided to order it. It has multi tones of natural/tan throughout. It goes perfectly with my earth-toned color scheme. It will go nice with any earthy colors. Makes a nice statement. The good thing too is that you can use either side...so if one side becomes soiled or shows wear, just flip it over! I have in the living room with a coffee table on top and it looks great. I also purchased a no-skid pad to go under it, but not sure it is really needed as the rug is so heavy. Others mention the odor but it is very faint....it smells as it should as it is jute...rope! It has been less than 24 hours and no odor now. Do not hesitate to purchase this rug...you cannot beat the quality nor the price...
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate - actually prettier than the site photo
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
My new rug just came. There was a slight warehouse problem and I only received one of the two I ordered, but O.co fixed it immediately. Anyway, the one rug that came is gorgeous! Thick, variegated, identical quality on both sides for twice the life. It is tightly woven and rich looking. It looks amazing under my dining room table. All at a great price. I am SO happy with this purchase and O.co's customer service. Customer service picked up the phone in less than 30 seconds and the gentleman who helped me could not have been more polite, knowledgeable and helpful. Very impressed! Thank you O.co! Great shopping experience.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact, but even better in person
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. fabulous
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
This carpet is very thick, rough, and inflexible. Not a comfortable carpet... think giant welcome mat. It smelled of dirt when it was first removed from the plastic wrapping, but that quickly went away. Don't plan on putting furniture on this.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was accurately described.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Sturdy
Nice quality jute rug. I have the plum color. The picture is accurate, it's a very nice and THICK jute rug. The thickest I've every owned. I like it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice and thick
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? perfect