Although it's true that this thick rug will not work well under furniture, it fits perfectly in our galley-style kitchen, and absorbs shock away from my feet and back. Ahhhhhh! The natural fiber is a perfect match for our bamboo floors and cabinets. The loops are wound so tightly that my cat isn't even interested in scratching this rug (although he does like other hemp rugs). And, oh, the color - actually a rich blend of several colors - is overall a warm, natural honey brown. Thanks once again, O.co!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color compares well with the actual product. It's a rich blend of several colors, the overiding tone being a beautiful, natural honey brown.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is excellent. The loops are tightly wound and the fringe adds a lovely touch.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description was accurate.
I purchased this rug for my tiled kitchen floor, which can get very cold in the winter. The look and feel of the rug are great. It looks just as shown in the photo on OS and the rug is surprisingly soft and padded underfoot. However, this rug sheds grit like nobody's business. It was almost as though it was made during a giant wind storm and pieces of grit and loose dirt got lodged into the loops. This is a real pain. Also, it sheds continuously which is a bit irritating. If it weren't for the grit problem, I would give this four stars. I've given the rug several whacks with a baseball bat to try to dislodge the dirt and it's helped a little bit, but not 100%.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? As shown
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very Soft on your feet, but sheds and is very dusty
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? As described
this rug looks fantastic. we have it in the living room. i've received compliments on it. however, i don't think this rug works well in a high traffic area. due to the shedding and fraying, i think it would be better outdoors. little fibers from this rug are now all over my apartment and stick to clothes like cat hair. i think that this is just the nature of the jute material. if you are using this in a low traffic area or outdoors, this rug is great.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? pretty accurate
Bought this rug for my kitchen. It is very comfortable and looks nice. And it is pretty thick. Debating whether I need a rug pad on my wood floors, does slip around a little. Thinking of ordering another for my breakfast dining area.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was true to picture
I bought this rug for our foyer. Unfortunately, it its too thick, so front door will not open. I have found another place for it, and love it there. It is thick and soft. It is now on a dark hard-wood floor, and much dust (?) from the jute accumulates under the rug. Whenever I vacuum I feel like I have to vacuum under the rug as well. Still really like it.
We put down American cherry hardwood floors (which is a soft-ish wood) and my desk chair in my office was making light indentions on the floor, so I decided to get a sisal rug. I found this rug instead, and it looked more polished and interesting.. Color is as shown. Had I actually read the description, it does say it is 3/4" thick and it is TOO THICK to roll a desk chair over. I was going to return it except in the half hour I had it on my floor, my kitten (about 9 mo old) ALSO found it and pulled the jute fibers such that I could not return it. (Made little pulls that stick up.) It is a very different chunky rug and I do like it, but it doesn't meet the purpose for me. I am going to give it to my son to use in his college apartment and get a flat sisal rug like I planned initially. .Should you have a cat, you may want to rethink the purchase.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? color is as shown
- How is the quality of the product? good quality
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Accurately described if you actually read it!!
I purchased two of these rugs and am delighted with both. They are a very chunky weave that provides the rustic, hand made look I want. This rug is not barefoot friendly and you MUST use it with a good quality rug pad on wood floors. Great bang for the buck!
I love this rug. The colors are nice and vibrant, and it hides a lot of dirt and pet hair, which tend to accumulate right by the doors. My only issue is that it does shed a lot at first, but once it's vacuumed regularly, that decreases. I'm happy with it!
This rug is a wonderful addition to my living room. The price was a great deal, compared to other websites and department stores. Considering the material, I was prepared to deal with it being rough and itchy for a little while before it was broken in, however it is super soft and not irritating in the least bit. The other great thing about this rug is that it really had no odor to it at all. The rug, honestly, just smelled like grass when first opened and then the smell dissipated within an hour. I would say the only con to the rug is that it does shed some, but hardly. All in all, a great investment!
Really nice quality. Perfect size and I find it soft to sit on and walk on barefoot. It definitely is not like walking on a shag rug, but I do not find it to be a problem at all. Yes, and of course the kittens have found it to be very exciting to scratch on but they have not wrecked it up as of yet :)
After a mishap with the shipping (not sure who's fault) my rug was accidentally delivered to a porch in Virginia...huh? That was disappointing but I immediately contacted overstock and they shipped a new one free of charge! the rug fits perfectly in my hall, it is very think and luxurious and feels great on my feet with the pad under it. Love the durability of this product & that it will never show stains. It goes with pretty much anything, It will be with me for a very long time! Thanks!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? its hard to tell from the picture, but the rug has beautiful braids of color in it, overall color is accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It is very thick, good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
This is a fantastic value. This rug is almost identical to a rug I was crushing on at Pottery Barn. This rug was half the price. I adore it. I have read people in other reviews complaining about the rug having a strong and strange odor. The rug does have an initial earthy smell when unrolled, but that quickly dissipates. You will need a non-slip mat for this rug on hardwood to prevent rug movement. It looks terrific and appears to be very durable. Great for the little TV room that my children inhabit. The color was accurate and I love the fringed ends. Shedding has been minimal.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. best quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate