We bought this to put under the sofa. It looks very good. It actually looks amazing against the marble floor. However, it's super heavy, so if you want to move it get some help. For the price it's a great deal but, its not easy at all to clean it and it sheds a lot.
I think I have 3 years with this Rug, I still get compliments for this rug, we don't even dream about using the vacuum, that will not work, what we do is that between my husband and I we take it out side shake it very hard and pick up all the pieces that fall, my kids don't like the rug, one of the options for us when they get grounded is to tide up the pieces back in the rug. :) Overall is a great looking rug.
When I saw this item I was very excited about getting it. After I had placed it in my family room it looked very good, until I had company and there was walking on it and then it began to shed. I am so afraid that by the end of the month most of the leather will be off of the mat. I wonder if it is worth my while to send back. I really loved the look and wished that the shedding would stop.
This is an awful rug the rug just keeps shedding and I wonder how to clean it. But, not to worry it is going in the trash!!!!!!!!!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I have strips of black leather all over the house it sheds badly
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate as far as size and appearance it is very modern
The rug is real leather..Looks great when it is new.. Not really practical for any area that you use on a regular basis..If anything is dropped on the rug, there is no way to clean it except to pick up the entire rug and shake it out. You cannot vacuum it.. The leather strips come out pretty easily..I am afraid within a year it will have bald spots..
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. loses leather strips on a regular basis
Overall I am pleased with the purchase - when people walk in to my living room, it's the first thing they comment on. The leather strips making up the rug are obviously just scraps in many different sizes and shapes and are not firmly attached to the backing. They come off very easily and wind up scattered across the floor.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color very true to picture, different color leather strips blending together.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Individual strips are not attached very well - come off with just light walkiing across rug.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Embelishede quality of wormanship a little.
I waited nearly two months before unrolling this rug. I must say once I removed it from the plastic...I did not become overwhelmed with any leather smell. I did notice a slight but minimal amount of leather smell. Nothing a bit of Febreze didn't resolve. The rug was in tact and only three leather strips were collected. The rug does compliment my wood floors without any issues and it feels good under my bare feet. The leather strips are sewn to the base of the rug in ample quantity. I can not see any gaps or spaces. The beige color I ordered does resemble a strong "Fall leaves" as oppose to beige but that wasn't an issue whatsoever. Grab a great novel and relax on the rug...it's comfortable and pleasing to the feel and touch.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was misrepresented in the photo. More accurate would have been a FALL leaves comparison for the beige
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The product came without any discrepancies; I had to collect only three of the leather strips after unrolling the rug. Only three leather strips.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? a very accurate account
I love the rugs. I actually purchased 2. They are heavy and full of leather pieces. I get lots of comments on how beautiful and unique they are. The down side is they are difficult to clean. When you pick them up to shake them many of the leather pieces fall. Its not a big deal because the leather pieces are abundant but I think over time it could become a problem.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Great color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. OK
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description is right on
It's such a conversation piece that I've started taking it with me out to the bars as a tool to pick up women. A bit cumbersome but the ladies love it! It is a great looking rug and I paired it with a rail cart coffee table on top and the two together are jaw dropping. No need that I can see, with or without the rail cart, for a rubber no skid mat under it since it is so heavy. I can honestly say I love it. I can't give it a full five stars yet though because I sometimes find pieces of the leather on the floor. Not sure if they actually came off of the rug or are remnant from the shipping at the factory. So if not for that I'd give it five stars.
I really wanted texture in my rug, which this rug absolutely has. But I also wanted it to last more than a week or two. I would love to know if anyone gave this rug over one star, If they did, then it must mean that mine is defective. I have had this rug for less than a month, and at least one third of the leather pieces have come out. They are so loose that the slightest tug pulls them out. I have no idea how you are supposed the vacuum or clean it. If it turns out that mine was just defective, I'll change this review, because I do love how it looks.
This rug had many loose pieces when it arrived. The smell of the product was awful. It did not smell like leather at all. You could see the backing of the rug through the top. Very sparse poor quality with strands of white, copper and brown sticking out . Although very unique I returned it immediately and would not recommend it at all. Overstock handled my return immediately with no return cost to me and arranged for a home pickup with a cumbersome item. I would shop overstock again. The return department was quick ,easy and the representative was super nice.