I think I have 3 years with this Rug, I still get compliments for this rug, we don't even dream about using the vacuum, that will not work, what we do is that between my husband and I we take it out side shake it very hard and pick up all the pieces that fall, my kids don't like the rug, one of the options for us when they get grounded is to tide up the pieces back in the rug. :) Overall is a great looking rug.
We bought this to put under the sofa. It looks very good. It actually looks amazing against the marble floor. However, it's super heavy, so if you want to move it get some help. For the price it's a great deal but, its not easy at all to clean it and it sheds a lot.
When I saw this item I was very excited about getting it. After I had placed it in my family room it looked very good, until I had company and there was walking on it and then it began to shed. I am so afraid that by the end of the month most of the leather will be off of the mat. I wonder if it is worth my while to send back. I really loved the look and wished that the shedding would stop.
This is an awful rug the rug just keeps shedding and I wonder how to clean it. But, not to worry it is going in the trash!!!!!!!!!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I have strips of black leather all over the house it sheds badly
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate as far as size and appearance it is very modern
The rug is real leather..Looks great when it is new.. Not really practical for any area that you use on a regular basis..If anything is dropped on the rug, there is no way to clean it except to pick up the entire rug and shake it out. You cannot vacuum it.. The leather strips come out pretty easily..I am afraid within a year it will have bald spots..
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. loses leather strips on a regular basis
Overall I am pleased with the purchase - when people walk in to my living room, it's the first thing they comment on. The leather strips making up the rug are obviously just scraps in many different sizes and shapes and are not firmly attached to the backing. They come off very easily and wind up scattered across the floor.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color very true to picture, different color leather strips blending together.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Individual strips are not attached very well - come off with just light walkiing across rug.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Embelishede quality of wormanship a little.
I waited nearly two months before unrolling this rug. I must say once I removed it from the plastic...I did not become overwhelmed with any leather smell. I did notice a slight but minimal amount of leather smell. Nothing a bit of Febreze didn't resolve. The rug was in tact and only three leather strips were collected. The rug does compliment my wood floors without any issues and it feels good under my bare feet. The leather strips are sewn to the base of the rug in ample quantity. I can not see any gaps or spaces. The beige color I ordered does resemble a strong "Fall leaves" as oppose to beige but that wasn't an issue whatsoever. Grab a great novel and relax on the rug...it's comfortable and pleasing to the feel and touch.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was misrepresented in the photo. More accurate would have been a FALL leaves comparison for the beige
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The product came without any discrepancies; I had to collect only three of the leather strips after unrolling the rug. Only three leather strips.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? a very accurate account
I love the rugs. I actually purchased 2. They are heavy and full of leather pieces. I get lots of comments on how beautiful and unique they are. The down side is they are difficult to clean. When you pick them up to shake them many of the leather pieces fall. Its not a big deal because the leather pieces are abundant but I think over time it could become a problem.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Great color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. OK
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description is right on
Quality of this rug is really poor. Loose looping and colors are not exactly as displayed. This is made with leftovers of cut leather on a very loosely loomed rug. While the style is really nice, the quality is poor. The smell of the leather is mild. I thought the quality would be a lot better for the price, but I was surprised it is not.
The rug is very unique, and I do like it very much. However, there are some minor issues that I should mention. Many of the leather strips had white paper/masking tape adhered to the back. I have pulled off many, but will need to continue to do so, as there are many, and the rug is comprised of nothing but the leather strips attached to the base. Also, I ordered the black rug and there are many brown strips with some red mixed in. It will work for my purposes, and I do love the uniqueness of it, but the quality if not tops.
This is a really nice rug, I'd say more for looks and texture, don't expect luxury on the feet although not awful, people, you can't vacumm the rug, so just know that right up front, it's hand shake...I have no children and no pets, using it in the living room and it's perfect, love the look, and very unique. I bought two 5x8 and put them side by side to make an 8x10, cannot see the seem so I can pick them up and shake them when needed. Feel it can be contemporary or country, however you accessorize, love it yet had skeptism afer reading other reviews.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? right on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality as the other reviews state; not perfect but very nice, has loose pieces now and again
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? perfect description
This is a very trendy rug that looks great in our living room. It was exactly ad described on the site. It is good quality bit definitely not something you want people walking on all the time because the leather strips can come off relatively easily. It is definitely a statement piece that will make any room look trendy and modern.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly as described and pictured.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality but some of the leather pieces will come off rather easily. i would not recommend it for a high traffic area.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
This product is what I expected from the product description and from reading other reviews. I receive it on time. Three weeks later it still smells like leather, but, after all, it is a leather rug. I would only recommend a rug like this for low traffic areas, since it cannot be vacuumed and lots of foot traffic may loosen some o the leather strips.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. As advertised, this rug was made of strips of leather just woven into the base of the rug. Most of the leather strips look nice, some are oddly shaped.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate