I ordered this rug to be used under my dining table. Upon arrival, it was packed well and rolled out easily. It is a lovely rug and appears well-made. The rug laid flat and was reasonably comfortable with bare feet. However, my daughter spilled apple juice on it. I promptly blotted up the excess juice, cleaned the area with water and let it air dry. Upon drying, the area looked like bleach had been spilled on it in the area where it got wet. After having the rug for a mere week, it was unsightly. I contacted Overstock customer care and was advised it couldn't be returned due to being spilled on, but I was given a credit for a portion of the purchase price. Customer care handled the issue promptly and courteously and I will continue to buy products on this site. However, I would not recommend this rug unless it's to be used in an out of the way area with no possible need to be cleaned. It was a pricey learning lesson. I will order another of the braided jute rugs to replace this one. My existing one has worn extremely well over the years through pets, kids and cleaning.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality of rug appeared well-made
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
This carpet is a HUGE disappointment.After a few months,I happened to drip some olive oilonit-tried the instructions to clean,WOULD NOT REMOVE !Ohwella few drops,hardly noticeable,but it was almost $$$$$ dollars!Then,major disaster,a coffee cup spilled!BIG SPOT WOULD NOT COME OUT.NOW that's a total waste of a couple hundred bucks.We have dogs and are able to keep our carpets in good shape(they trained us well)but as expert as we are no-way will this carpet withstand ANY spots.After reading other reviewes,they are right.COMPLETE WASTE OF MONEY,unless you want to hang it on the wall!I just threw away two hubdred dollars and am one unhappy customer.Overstock ok,Jute rugs in general,no way.
Bought the beige and black border rug to go under our kitchen dining set. It arrived in excellent condition and it's beautiful. Having small grandchildren come and visit often the color may be a little delicate and will have to protect it a little but otherwise a great rug for the price.
I bought this rug for under my dining room table. I have grandkids and wanted something that would be easy to maintain. This one definitely does the trick. The color was as promised. It arrived quicky and undamaged. It is well-made and adds texture to the room nicely. I've had it for over a year now, and it has held up to pets, kids, spills and sunlight. It looks as great as the day I bought it. I couldn't have chosen a better rung for the price! I highly recommend!
Everything was fine except for the smell of the thing, it stinks up the entire house. I don't know what to do about it, I really hope it goes away. If I had known about the smell I probably would not have bought it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color matched up to the color pictured online.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality seems fine.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fair.
I purchased this rug for my office but I don't think this was a good selection for this area because the wheels on my office chairs leave roller marks. I can tell that where my chair sits on the rug it is already wearing as well. However this would be a great rug for a living room or anywhere you will not have heavy furniture sitting on it because it will leave marks that will not go away. Also the rug does not smell good and the odor lasted for a few weeks. I do like the way it lays and it's really pretty and not cheap looking.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality and I like the rubber backing. Lays well.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
the rugs arrived in time for my party, I watched the fed ex guy deliver them by pulling my two rugs in the plastic wrap over the asphalt of our drive way, asked him to stop and leave them on the ground. when I turned them around the damage was already done. I called overstock customer service right away and the very nice girl on the other side sent out two new rugs right away so I could have them here for the big dinner. Great customer service!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good as expected
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? spot on
I needed a rug for our high traffic living room and so far this is holding up great. It's exactly the color I pictured when I ordered it and I love the size. It does show dust, debris, etc. but is easy to clean- either sweep or vacuum! love it and great price!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
Overall all, I'd recommend this product. Quality was good and very accurate website vs. actual comparison. There was a strong odor when the rug was first opened like most new things; it went away in a day or so. Very pleased.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Actual color vs. website color was very comparable.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Initial quality of rug is very good; although time will tell us more.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very good.