When rug arrived in a plastic bag I knew It was not for us. I had expected a more constructed rug that would arrive in a roll and have a lasting shape not a lightweight throw rug type that could be folded up. Overstock was very nice and handled the return promptly. For my needs I needed more information, in the description, about the construction of the backing and needed a more substantial rug. I hesitated to give it a poor rating as I am sure if someone was looking for that particular type of rug this would have fit their needs...for our requirements it was poor. I guess I was not educated on exactly what "Flokati" was.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. No construction or substance
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not enough information
5-stars *at this price point*. Of course there are thicker flokatis but you'll pay for those. As others have noted, the natural color is a yellow-white, not a white-white or a brown-white. It's just the color of flokati wool. I have it in a room with warm oak flooring, espresso color furniture, and other dark accents like browns and blacks. It sets off the room beautifully, and with darker colors around it it appears just creamy white. If you know flokati you know it's not a carpet. This is a woven throw so absolutely, without a doubt, buy the Supreme Dual Felted rug pad for it. The one with the natural rubber on one side and the synthetic on the other (rubber side down for wood floors). Combined with the pad, the rug feels very luxurious under bare feet. As for vacuuming/cleaning: Yup, it sheds. And taking an 8x10 rug outside to shake it out isn't an option. I do vacuum it but *stay away from the edges* or you'll eat the rug. Just be smart and careful about it. The shedding fibers fill a vacuum up fast so just take note. However I have noticed over time that the shedding is rapidly decreasing. I don't notice those poofs of fiber around the room any more. And frankly if you have pets in the house it's just not a big thing :o All in all, this rug is a beauty, an incredible value for the price, and is a centerpiece that brightens up a blah room.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The actual color is yellower than the site
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good - apropos of the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
I ordered the Flokati Wool Shag rug for my husband's study/den. It promptly arrived! When we opened the rug it was a beautiful off-white truly shag-type rug. I didn't expect it to be so thin in texture. It is not a thick, luxurious rug. But if you're looking for something that's stylish, that's chic and is impressive to look at, the Flokati is your rug.
The the wool rug. This rug was purchased after we replaced our flooring with a dark acacia wood floor. Needed the ivory shag to brighten and lighten the floor. We have brown leather sofas and the contrast is stunning. We were worried about "shag" as we just ripped up our shag rug to change to wood. But this is like no other. It's more like a fluffy cloud. We purchased a good quality pad to go under the rug. Loved the rug online, love it in our home. Empty nesters with occasional grandchildren visits, the kids love the rug. I found the inexpensive Hoover Nano vacuum works well with the rug. Just change the vacuum to suction with no beater bar and it does a splendid job. We really love it and are pleased with our purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It was fluffier than I imagined.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The rug feels great on bare feet and after a week is not shedding much wool anymore.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate enough.
Hi I purchased this for my daughters room. Its a very pretty and soft rug but oh my gosh!!! it won't stop shedding. It looks like we never vacume, everytime she walks out of her room, she brings big furry pieces of rug with her. I have to get rid of it. I have to vacume twice a day because of it, I would not suggest purchasing'
Went through the painful decision of what to get get for our gorgeous new 20x20 high gloss tiles... Well, this is perfect. My cats love it - hey, it's really their house. They let me stay here!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice quality, goes well with thick underlay
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
Great rug, make my living room look great. Yes, it does shed a bit, but thats what a wool rug does. Love it!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? spot on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
After reading all of the reviews, I was a bit hesitant to buy it. I'm so glad that I took a chance. For padding and to keep it from sliding around, I put it over another rug and it works great.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
I have been looking for a large, realitively inexpensive area rug for our master bedroom. I have modern taste so this rug appealed to me and I wanted something that was easy to care for, durable and washable. The rug arrived today and we shook it out and hand vaccuumed it to get the debris out and fluff it up. This is definitely not a real high pile rug, but it fluffed up well and should stay in place with a rug pad underneath. It is an off white, natural wool color which was what I was expecting. It shed a bit while we were shaking it out and hand vaccuuming it, but I don't think it will shed a whole lot more.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Fairly accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Average
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fairly accurate
After owning this rug for about 2 years, I have to say that this purchase was overpriced for the quality. Pieces of wool come out just from walking on it and can be found all over my wood flooring. Additionally, it's impossible to clean. I purchased the rug in ivory and was hoping I could at least shake it clean, but the woven shag pieces hold onto every bit of dust and dirt like Velcro. I'm pretty disappointed in this purchase for how much I spent on the rug.
while this is a stylish rug, it is a real pain. it sheds and there are little rug balls that float all over the house. we have it under our king sized bed so only a little on each side shows, and its great looking, but really not practical.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the grey is accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. not as fluffy as it looks, more matted
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? pretty accurate
Unlike the thick medium length density that appears in the photo, the rug we received has longer thinner shag we couldn't fluff up. As a result the shag lays flat and appears somewhat matted. The color is more yellow that the ivory that appears in the photo.
I love this rug. I read the other reviews listed under this rug just differnt size. People complained of it shedding, but i have not yet had this problem. The rug is absolutely AWESOME, looks fabulous, and I LOVE IT!!!!!! It is unique, very tastefull, classy, and should fit any decor--mine is rustic. If you are on the edge at all about buying this rug I say do it!!! I kept my eye on it for 3 months until I finally caved and so very glad i did. I shopped every rug website, looked at all rugs out there, and this one was the ultimate bst choice. VERY happy with my selection.
This is one of the best buys for your dollar on the internet. We shopped for months and were concerned about several of the prior reviews regarding the shedding as we have very dark wood floors. To date we have had little shedding and the rug looks beautiful in our home. This rug comes highly recommended!