I bought the "9x12 - ish" size of this rug in gray, which is no longer available. I purchased the rug for the living area of my open floor plan to anchor my sectional, storage ottoman, and end table. It is a high-traffic gathering area for us: we watch tv here, and my 2 small kids (4 and 6 years old) play with their toys here. The rug gave my space a much-needed modern-ethnic update, which I like. I don't even mind the bluish tint of the gray because it still works in my space. However, the shedding really bugs me. We vacuum weekly, and sometimes more than that. "O" has already offered me the option of returning/exchanging if I want despite the length of time that has passed since my purchase. I appreciate that. We really wanted a natural fiber rug at an affordable price. You pay one way or the other, and I think that wool rugs require more maintenance than synthetics. It didn't stink when we opened it though, which is better for us. I'm convinced that the reviewers who have not had shedding do not have this rug in a high traffic area, and probably have multiple gathering spaces in their homes. This isn't the case in my home. In addition, they probaby don't have active children playing on the rug where it lies. I'm just saying. And you should believe those of us who are crying foul on the color description, and consider this before you purchase. For me, it's good enough for now and I'm rolling with it. I hope that this helps someone.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is documented as "gray." However, it has a blue tint to it. It's more of a slate color.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Okay. Nice design. It sheds a lot though.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fairly accurate, but could use an update, especially in light of all of the customer reviews.
The navy and cream rug looks beautiful in my family room with my cream leather seating. It really wakes up the room and makes the room come together. My room has pine walls and wood floors so I needed something to brighten up the space and it was perfect for my needs. The cream design is done in a plush cut while the navy is in a woven pattern so when I walk on it, I feel the cream because it is higher than the woven navy. There was an odor when we first put it down but I ran the ceiling fan and the attic fan all night and the odor was gone the next day. Some say there is some shedding of the rug but I have not yet experienced this. I would purchase this again and felt Overstock had a great price.
It shed to the e.xtent that my vaccuum was entirely full twice when we first went at it, then for at least a week and a half after regular vaccuumings. Quite a hassle, as it would get on clothes, furballs everywhere to clean. Other than the expected shedding it seems ok now. Pattern looks great, very focal in our living room, but needs to match with blueish tones due to it not being truly grey. Feels a bit.scratchy but I guess all wool rugs do, otherwise its nice and thick. Great raised trellis design.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? I ordered Grey, but it is alot more of a Slate Blue as stated in other reviews
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality could be better, rug has threads coming out of design, knots forming slightly perhaps due to vaccuuming.
I love this rug, but unfortunately for the rug, I have a little dog who has a lot of energy and loves to run around. His little toenails get caught on this rug and constantly pull up the loops of wool. I have had to constantly trim the pieces that get pulled up, leaving some areas looking a bit sparse. Additionally, I am not thrilled with the fact that the loops appear to be glued to the backing, rather than actually threaded/hooked. Seems like this should be clearly stated in the description of the product. I've had to order a replacement for this rug for my living room, since this one is just getting destroyed. Do not get this type of rug if you have a dog!
This rug is very pretty. I ordered the Khaki but it looks a lot more like gray than Khaki. However, I really like the rug so I will make it work. The cost for the size is a good value and the quality is fairly thick. I have no vaccumed it yet to expierence what other reviewers mentioned about lint but it seems like it will hold up well. It did have a heavy oder to it but after a few hours of having it unrolled, it was gone. Overall I am very happy I purchased this item!
I ordered this rug in gray for a bedroom. I was disappointed after laying it out that is not gray, it's more of a denim color. Also the trellis pattern is raised higher than the background. It's annoying to walk on without shoes on because of the difference in height. I filled an entire vacuum canister, hope it doesn't shed for long.
I had read reviews of this rug and knew that the grey was going to be slightly blue-grey. However, when the rug arrived, it was definitely BLUE. This was not going to work with my neutral family room. Additionally, Overstock sent me one size smaller than the one I ordered. So, not only was the color wrong, the size was wrong. But, even with the issues I had, I still like the rug. I decided to keep the rug (Overstock refunded a portion of my money because the smaller size was less expensive), and now the rug is in my dining room. It looks great in the dining room. I would recommend this rug if a blue (with a slight grey hue to it) is what you want.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not accurate. The "grey" is really a blue with maybe a slight steel-blue cast. It definitely is not grey.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality, soft, thick rug, looks very nice.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good description, except poor color description
It's hard to buy a rug online...that said, I feel like this was a great rug for the price and I'm very pleased with it so far. I put A LOT of thought into buying a rug for our living room, and nothing was big enough, or had the right color or pattern, and buying this rug was a risk because we had no idea what it would really look like once it arrived. We got it in gray and crossed our fingers. From other reviews on the site of smaller versions of this rug I was aware that the color was more blue/slate gray than real gray, this was definitely true, so be aware that you're buying a blue/slate/gray colored rug. Those reviews also said that the rug sheds. I just got it so I can't speak to that yet but my living room isn't a high traffic area at the moment (no kids, yet) so we're not too worried about the shedding although I did notice some small fibers that were on the floor when we unraveled the rug from the packaging that were easy enough to sweep up. The pattern is beautiful and elegant, it has nice subtle wavy lines and it looks great in our living space and has changed the room entirely, making it come together, finally. Score!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It's more blue/gray than gray. People have described it as slate/blue, I would agree. It's a darker color rug but the white/cream lines bring out brighter parts of the room.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice and wool, not super thick but thick enough to stay down without a mat undernearth, so far.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Besides the color, it was fairly accurate.