I bought this rug as a happy new home gift for my partner. We really liked a similar rug at Home Depot, but it wasn't the time for it. Price here on Overstock was better. The real hook for us is the dimensionaliity This isn't a printed rug with straight edges, it has varying heights for the stones and background, as well as edges that follow the stone pattern. Great rug for a home with lots of natural elements. Probably good if you want to bring the outdoors indoors. Partner does call it his Bedrock rug.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Close, the description was the better guide. The rug has green stones, a delightful surprise.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Soft wool, in the expected shedding stage. Seems well knotted.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Better than photos.
I put our rug in the front hall over a plank tile floor for the winter months. Feels like you just stepped onto a beach in Maine. Nice contrast to other traditional rugs which are missing the personality and life this rug gives.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Thick, luscious wool rug that makes an earthy statement.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Yes
Purchased this area rug for our living room floor which has dark walnut wood floor finish. It provides a nice contrast. The only drawback is that I find this rug to shed quite a bit. When I use my Dyson DC25 to vacuum this rug, it fills up the whole container every time. I had a similar area rug which shed as much, so I only foresee this rug lasting about 2yrs.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good color match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. above average
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
I ordered the 5x8 sized rug. The rocks are quite a bit bigger than I was expecting - like anywhere from 5" to 12" across, and the space between the rocks is wider than expected - but it is very good quality and looks great. The only other thing I hadn't noticed in the picture is that the edge of the rug actually follows the rock shapes - so it has sort of a scalloped edge. I think it's cool, but if you were putting it up against a wall it might look weird. And you'd probably want a smaller rug mat underneath if you had one, as a standard 5x8 would show at the edges. All in all impressed by the quality of this rug at the price.
We purchased this rug for an outdoor themed nursery. The colors worked perfectly in the room. The picture makes it looks like its more of a gray family but is more natural. Very happy with the purchase. Will have to cut the non slip pad to fit better under the rug since the edges are rock shaped :)
We needed the finishing touch for my son's "outdoor" themed nursery and this was it! It really ties the whole room together. We live in Colorado so its the perfect accent. The colors are darker than we expected, like others have commented, but it still works!
You should be aware that this rug is more brown than the advertised grey, but was worth keeping! The irregular edges and amazing construction is high end. This rug is in my office with rustic finishes and adds just the right amount of interest. Buy this rug, you won't be disappointed.
I had this rug on my wishlist for a year before finally splurging. I really, really loved the look and wanted it. But I am so let down. Although it is a beautiful design, it sheds like crazy. I have to vacuum it multiple times per week. Really, I have never had a rug that shed like this. I give it two stars only because I really like the look. But the work is not worth it, and at some point, there will be no fiber left to the thing. Save your money.