the color is listed as IVORY but the photo shows pure snowey white. I would call the color mainly ivory & cream with a LOT of very yellowed areas. if it matters to you, this rug is comprised of FOUR hides stitched together. I was not at all happy with the color and returned it. I did find an exceptional replacement by the same exact manufacturer in a larger (4x6) size at a better price on a different website. search around and compare.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? patches of yellow. NOT snowey white like the photo!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. super soft but tufts fell off edges
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? reasonably accurate.
So many people rated this product highly. One person said they received a fake. Well, I should have listened to that voice in the wind because mine is obviously a fake despite the "Authentic from New Zealand" tag. Switzerland and have a few real ones from there so I know the difference. Dear positive reviewers, I am really annoyed at you and suspect you are the seller. It was made in China - so there you have it. Dear positive reviewers, I am really annoyed at you and suspect you are the seller. That said it is nice looking. Unlike other reviews mine was more white than yellow. Because it is a fake it is overpriced which is why I said I would not recommend it to a friend. If it was advertised at fake and a lower price I would recommend it. I decided instead of dealing with the trouble of returning it I will keep it. I won't put it in the family room where originally intended. Instead I'll keep it in the playroom because it is really soft. It is. It is soft and pretty - but not real which is just wrong since it was advertised as so. BTW one reviewer said hers smelled when she opened it. Mine did a bit too but the smell went away after a few minutes after being out of the packaging.
I have ordered 2 of the 2x6, and even though they are not a true white ,which I would prefer, I love the lush feel of the thick, soft rug. this 4x6 is actually 6"smaller on length and width., and much thinner. this particular sheep didn't get the growth hormones that my 2x6 rugs did.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the site makes it look white, when they are actually cream
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I was unhappy with the size and thickness
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? not accurate
We love this rug, it is so soft and looks great with our furniture. Originally we were going to get the smaller one (2 x 6 I think, maybe 3 x 6) but am really glad we went for this size. It is not actually 4 x 6 so any smaller would have been way too small. Also, the color is not a true white, it's much more yellow than the picture implies. Overall, very pleased with the purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It's much more yellow than the picture is
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is great
THIS RUG IS SO SOFT AND PRETTY CANT HELP TO RUB MY HANDS ALL OVER IT CAN WAIT TO DO THE SAME WITH MY FEET LOL ITS A NICE BONE COLOR IM GONNA PUT IT RIGHT NEXT TO MY FIREPLACE TO CREATE A NICE CABIN UPSCALE LOOK OH SO FAB
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? NO
- How is the quality of the product? GREAT
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? YES
This rug is much smaller than I anticipated, though it is my fault since I did not see the dimensions before I ordered it. I assumed that with the "Quatro" in the title, that this would be a typical four pelt size, which is usually 4' x 6' but it is only 2'6" x 5'6". It is too small for where I bought it for as a result of my mistake. We may keep it anyway and use it elsewhere because it's a lovely rug, but I have seen cheaper prices on sheepskins this size. Nice to have the piece of mind that returns are so easy with Overstock. The quality is great and it's very plush. I actually thought it was closer to white than ivory but I bet there is a good amount of variation from rug to rug.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? fairly accurate - it's an off white
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? the name is misleading, this is the same size as most 2 pelt sheepskins
This is questionable of being Sheep skin. I purchased pelts in the pass. It does not have the curly nap. and Verylight in weight . You can not see the skin on the back, it is covered with a cheap backing. Not worth the cost !!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This item is not what I expected , there is a sewn on faux backing so you cant see the pelt...Question it being real Sheep Skin
I agree with several of the other reviews about the color of this rug not being as "white" as in the photo. Although, it is more ivory than white, it is still a gorgeous rug! The quality is great and it is super soft. Would definitely purchase again!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not as white as shown in the photo.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate on size...not so much the color.
This rug is gorgeous, very soft and plush with a nice thick pile. As other reviewers said it is more ivory than stark white, which I expected from a natural sheepskin rug. My only issue is that the rug is closer to 3' x 5.5' not 4' x 6' as described. That extra foot in width really makes a difference in the room I wanted to use the rug, so I will have to return it for something that is truly 4' x 6'. I'm disappointed because the rug is so nice and a great price. I understand it is a natural product and you can't predict the actual hide size, however a foot off is pretty significant.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Actual rug is more ivory than white
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality, very thick and plus
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate, except for size
I just love this rug. It's everything I expected. Fluffy beige/white feels great on bare feet. I have it by the couch and love playing with it with my toes :)) Absolutely wonderful.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect description
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great quality
The rug is very soft and very beautiful. The picture online is however taken at a very clever angle to make the rug appear much larger than it is. Yes, there are dimensions given, but beware, that is from the very tip to tip of this misshapen rug. In reality it would look good in an area that needs say 3¿ to 5¿ covering. Overall though, I like it and it adds a bit of whimsy to my bedroom fireplace area.
I purchased two of these to put on either side of our bed. They are wonderful to step on to in the morning. They are easy to keep attractive by giving them an occasional shake out the back door. They look beautiful and have brought many compliments from my friends.
This is nice rug, it looks exactly like the picture,very thick pile, very soft to the touch. Unfortunately, it is not authentic at all, I really like the rug, but I had to return it for that reason, given the price, it is too high for rug not to be real.
Okay, so I really didn't bother shopping on other websites to compare prices and all that, so that's my bad. What can I say? I love Overstock and most importantly I trust them. I didn't want to deal with or risk getting totally scammed by other companies. So as far as value and other ratings maybe a 3 star is unfair. But the dimensions width and length are off. I'm not going to bust out the measuring tape now but I did before I ordered it and it doesn't quite cover the ottoman that I bought it for and measured for ahead of time. I wonder if they stretched out the fur and measured from the end of the fur or what? I'm kidding. Other reviewers warned me and now I'm warning you. I think it would be fine for the foot of a bed, as a rug for each side of your bed, because then it really won't matter how wide it is in those cases. But if you are using it to drape over something specific like I am just be careful that it will actually cover. The fur is soft and thick and has a nice thick padded backing that seems to be sewn very nicely. It works ok for me so I'm not returning it but I wish it were a tad bigger (like the description says).