This rug is not really soft or plush. I guess I shouldn't have expected too much given the price, but since I usually have great luck with stuff on Overstock, this one turned out to be a disappointment. The color is fine, I'd say a winter white, but its rather thin and the weave is kind of skimpy. Not super soft on your feet. I saw a rug at a local store which was definitely thick and plush, the softest thing I'd ever felt, but I had already ordered this one, it hadn't arrived yet. Since its kind of a pain to return a rug, I am keeping it and figure that once the cats have a few hairballs on it, I won't feel bad tossing it due to the price, and getting the one I really love at the store, which is only $100 more... You get what you pay for sometimes!
This is a piece of shag rug that you can purchase at a local store for half the price. I opened the packaging and it started to shed instantly. It is NOT plush and the color was not what I envisioned. It is like a cheap carpet piec e the lining is very thin and the fibers fall apart easily. I have to sweep off the excess fibers everytime I walk on it. Buy at your own risk...
I had purchased this rug, and when I received it, I was so bummed! I was expecting something much thicker, soft, and plush. The fibers were coarse and stringy looking. I never unrolled it, but the color is nice. It'd be a good rug for a room that's hardly ever used.
I ordered the Alexa My Soft and Plush Multi Shag Rug (8' x 10') in October, 2010. I received my recently placed order today for the 5'x8' version and it is a completely different rug - in color, quality and backing. It is being returned and KUDOS to Overstock for their assistance in the process.
My husband and I purchased this rug for our baby's room. It is super soft and cozy (and even more so with a rug pad underneath). It vacuums well and stays together (NO little pieces come loose from the rug- it is made very well). We LOVE the color. It is a soft, powdery blue and is very pleasing to the eye. We were thrilled with how quickly it arrived (within a week of ordering). We have used Overstock.com to purchase a few of our home items, and we highly recommend their products.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Beautiful color- matched the website picture color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality, vacuums well, very soft
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
Nice rug. Not quite as tight of a shag as I expected, so not as plush, but still a nice addition to the room. Very soft to the touch.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? As described
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? As described
My rug is thick, comfortable, and does not shed but it does slide on hard wood floors, so you may need to order a pad as well. The color is a clean white and goes elegantly with our furniture. If you are looking for a shag rug you will not be disappointed especially at this price.
rug was great find for the price. I bought it for my daughters nursery and i love it
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the pink was not as bright as I hoped but its pretty
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. rug was decent quality
The overall quality of the rug was what I expected. It was plush enough. However, it smelled very dank/damp upon arrival and the color was terrible and did not look anything like the thyme in the photo. It was much more of a yellow green, pea colored. The photo definitely looked darker and more olive.
Do not buy this rug. I bought it for my son's nursery, and it feels cheap and crunchy and plasticky. The quality is awful. I sent it back immediately... And I'm actually a little peeved that I had to pay for return shipping when the description if this rug was so inaccurate.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Ivory (a nice color, actually)
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very poor. The rug feels cheap and plasticky.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Inaccurate. This rug shouldn't be described as soft or plush. It feels terrible under your feet.
I ordered the 5x8 rug and was afraid that when it arrived it would not be the correct color. I wasn't sure what I would do with it if I couldn't use it in my sun room. When it arrived I was thrilled. The color was exactly as it showed on the computer. I immediately ordered the larger size so that I could use that in the sun room and the smaller under the breakfast table. The rugs made the biggest difference and my grandchildren prefer sitting on them rather than in a chair.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? beautifully
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. well made
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? perfect
The Rug is nice overall and looks great in my living room but it sheds A LOT!! And its not as soft and plush as described. I've only had it for a few weeks and if it keeps shedding the way it has, there will be no shag on my shag rug!
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Low
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Not Really
After reading all the reviews we purchased the rug. For about a week my husband went on and on about how much he hated it, its sorta thin, and the quality is not cozy at all. I really wasn't at all happy either, so it will be returned despite the hassle involved in returning something so big, its really that bad. I would not recommend this unless you really don't care for a thin bad quality rug. Guess to get something nice this price is too good to be true as I would have guessed.
Our new Shag Rug is exceptionally well made and very beautiful! It is nice and thick, plus the color is perfect for our décor. It is plush and has such a cozy warmth about it, and we really enjoy walking on it, especially after awakening each morning and enjoying the nice shaggy feeling when our feet touches our rug.
Rugs are more difficult to buy than you would think. Retail stores carry very limited selections because of inventory costs and have limited styles for similar reasons. Buying online seems risky too though. What if it looks really nice online . . . and then feels like a burlap sack when I put it on my floor? I am very pleased with the look, comfort and value of this nuLoom plush rug. My kids can lay on it to watch tv and it cleans up easily.