The chairs are beautiful however the picture is a bit of a misrepresentation of the true color & the fabric. The fabric isn't a true black but more of a gray tweed with the white vine. I really wanted a true dark black smooth fabric. The fabric is nubby and the vine pattern is raised. The fabric appears very sturdy and long lasting. The chair seems well made and sturdy.
I am torn with these chairs. I LOVE the look, they are comfortable and made with good materials however the construction is a "FAIL." The construction for the legs of the chair is poor. It seemed simple and easy but the mechanism used to hold the screws in place are crap. When I got them in Dec 2012 my husband and I put them together and we noticed that a few of the screws were not tightening no matter how long we had been screwing. Then we wondered how could we be able to keep screwing without the screw stopping? Well my husband said let me take a look at it and see if I can fix it. The next day the chairs were in our guest room and I figured all was well since my husband had not said anything else about them. Forward 8 months later, I just had my Mother visit and she brought to my attention the loose chair legs on one chair so of course I immediately went to check the other chair. Come to find out my husband was never able to get the screws tighten very tight and did not want to tell me since I loved the chairs so much. So he took another look at the chairs and figured he would take the legs and screws to a local hardware store to try to replace the mechanism. Unfortunately he discovered that the mechanism that was used in the chairs was installed in a way that as you turned the screw in it pulled the one piece (where it should be tightening in on the other side) OUT!!! Therefore we were never able to tighten the legs in even back in Dec 2012. Note: The mechanism is not something we installed; it is already in place when the chairs arrive. The only thing we had to do was screw the legs into the chair! Nothing makes me as mad as someone having a brilliant product but then short themselves and the consumer by not thinking this all the way through or going cheap on something that is a vital necessity to the success of a product. I am sorely disappointed. Do I throw these chairs away or put them in a room just to be looked at and not used??? The only thing that could fix this is NEW CHAIRS with solid sturdy legs that will stay that way for years to come! I at least this review will help others in making an informed decision and/or be sure to look for this defect as soon as they get these chairs or any other chairs.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The black color is not as dark as it appears online but the color still worked for me.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Its like looking at a beautiful house but when you walk inside the place is a wreck, totally ignored!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Mostly accurate
Fabulous! love them...they work perfectly with the decor of my living room, add just the splash of class i was looking for
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? a little more charcoal than i expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? great
I love these chairs. They are a perfect addition to my black and white living room. I will be purchasing more from OS... They were very easy to put together... Thanks for a great product... If you sell pillows that match please let me know...
The "all green" living room needed a "punch". I already had black tables, so these chairs look like they have always been there. At first I wanted a geometric print, but I have become quite fond of the floral pattern. This is the second time I have made a furniture purchase on line and the product turned out to be just what I wanted!
I love the chairs. The charcoal black is a nice touch rather than a deep black. Putting a black leather sofa in room and this softens design a little. Everything will really look great when I add the amethyst linen sofa I am going to purchase from Overstock.com. They mixed well with my antique bookcase and slant top desk..gave a more modern feel to room. LOVE them. Delivery prompt and they were packed well. Only problem.. my husband had to re-drill holes for legs because the holes in seat did not line up with holes in the legs (even after trying to move legs around). HIS problem! He got it done and iI wasn't involved. Would buy again. This was my first experience with Overstock.com and I am very impressed. I almost didn't order after reading reviews about the color not being a true black. These people should read descriptions...CHARCOAL black!
I have been a satisfied O customer since 2009. That said, this was a challenging installation. All parts were included with detailed instructions. However, one leg had wood split at the top which was not deep but could have chipped off eventually. I glued it but this should have been caught by manufacturer's inspection prior to boxing. Another challenge was the second chair. The screws would not go in easily on the front legs. It took some doctoring with hammer and glue to finally get placement where screws could be worked into prepared entries. Overall, the seating is plush as others commented. The seat backs are as others commented as well...in need of more padding. They are not as comfortable as the seating and somewhat flimsy on back. Finally, the color was commented on and so I knew what to expect. I would clarify that for me, the it is black not grey but more or less how a black denim or linen would appear...equally sturdy, matte no sheen even from the chenille which is matte as well. I hope this helps others.
I've read the reviews about the color not being black and I don't agree. These chairs are black and cream and beautiful! I just bought a dining room set and wanted these chairs for the end of the table and I couldn't be more pleased, they are perfect! They are firm enough that I believe that they will last a long time without losing their shape. Easy to put together with no problems whatsoever...no one will be having buyer's remorse with this purchase...love, love, love them!
I love these chairs. They match the love seat perfectly. They are very comfortable and I am happy with my purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? they were exactly the same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The chairs are an excellent quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description is exact.
I Love these chairs for my dining room. Everyone who sees them compliments me they aren't a true black but they are still a very nice chair!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not exactly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Pretty accurate
Happy with purchase! Look great in our kitchen, purchased a *** table (rustic mahogany) and the chairs look really good! Hubby even loves how comfortable and well padded they are. The seat of the chair is very padded and super comfy, the backing could have used a bit more padding but still comfortable. Very sturdy chairs and glad we purchased them! Chairs come packaged two chairs to a box, packed well in box, no scratches or complaints. Only rated a good instead of excellent due to having to glue some of the chair legs where the bolts screwed in incorrectly. Easy fix though.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color on picture looks more solid black with white leaves, the chair itself is black but white stitching shows through throughout the chair. Still love it though!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality. Had to glue two of the four chair legs (were screw goes in) due to the screws didn't seat correctly in the legs. Used wood glue and have not had a problem. Very sturdy.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
orderd 2 chairs and was so pleased I orderd 2 more to replace the wood dining chairs I had.Some of the people complained that the legs would not tighten it happend to me on two of the legs what you have to do is remo;ve the leg the part that the screw goes into and pulls it tight was loose so when the screw turns it wont grab just reglue the insert and make sure that both of the tiny nails that hold it are actualy in leg,once its secure reinsert leg and turn screw it will tighten and you wont have a problem..easy fixlove the style and color
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? actual color deep charcoal with cream vines very stylish
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
These chairs are beautiful. They are also very sturdy and comfortable. Bought more after
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? More of a charcoal then black.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very sturdy & easy to assemble.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very good.
I would recommend this chair, because it is very comfortable, especially at the price for a set of two. I plan to buy two more.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not as dark as pictured, but I liked the charcoal & white vines better....the color's softer, not harsh
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality of the chairs is better than expected. They're very comfortable while sitting for a long time at dinner. Even my son who is 6'3" commented on their comfort. .
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description was accurate, since it's actually charcoal (i.e. dark charcoal gray, not black)