Cardboard doors can easily be damaged. Did not assemble wel, and my husband is a pro at thisl. Hard to impossible to get the doors aligned. We have to close double doors together to get them shut. Hanging bar too high to get hangers on - we had to lower it. This is at least $100 overpriced for what you get. We looked at entertainment armoires on *** for around $$$ - should have got one. We went with this to get more space.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Doors are cardboard framed with particle board. Couple damaged pieces on arrival. Overall flimsy construction. Paper veneer easily damages.
Flimsy. Overpriced for what it really is. The product details calls it "engineered wood with high quality laminate"; its not! Its paper-thin laminate that easily scratches to reveal the white mdf beneath; try with your nails. The alignment of parts is out of wack, you spoil the powdery mdf boards when you try to screw through it. There's not even a common-sense of way nailing the tension board (shear wall) in place, into the thickess of the boards below; it will rip the board when you miss the nail. In the end when you have managed to finish assembling it, the doors dont even align! I cant wait to throw it out, but i might keep it till funds replenish to but something else or till I move again. Simple pine wood planks with camlocks will be cheaper and superior!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? ok
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very poor
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Misleading
I have no storage in my house. I bought 2 of these cabinets. I didnt insert the clothes rod so I could have more room to stack boxes. The shelves on the left side are adjustable so you can make them fit your needs. The units are particle board and the center of the doors are a laminate material. But I think they look GREAT! They werent that expensive but I dont think they look cheap at all. Although they weighed about 100 lbs they got to my house with almost no damage. The few scratches they had were easily covered with a brown sharpie. Instructions were easy to follow and all the holes lined up. I am a mechanically minded girl and I was able to put together in 1 1/2 hours with my husband's help of putting in the screws. I honestly couldnt be any happier with the look and the quality for the price I paid!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color is accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. it is excellent for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? decription was accurate
I ordered this product as my new place doesn't have a coat closet. It in of itself is a good product. Tho the picture is not accurate. This cabinet has exposed chipboard on the inside and on the top outside. It doesn't show you that at all. Rather upset. Not worth $$$ at all.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Assembles well but has exposed chipboard
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? fairly accurate tho it doesn't tell you it has exposed chipboard
This wardrobe definitely is what I needed; however, when I received it and, of course, not until all the pieces were pulled out and assembly was started, I noticed edges were crushed and scratches were in the surfaces. Too late to re-box and send back. I continue to use this wardrobe as it is functioning properly. I would just appreciate being able to check out the quality before assembly in an easier manner.
BUYER BEWARE!!! Oh my, where do I begin?!?! Giving this item, ''akadaHOME Walnut 72-inch Wardrobe Cabinet'' ONE star is too good of a review. Right out of the box, several pieces were chipped & gouged. It is extremely poor quality. Pressed board material.... No wood!!! We haven't even used it yet and already one of the doors has come completely off! Hinges pulled right out. Not sure if my husband will be able to fix it and my husband is the DIY type of guy. This is absolutely unbelievable. I'm seriously considering boycotting Overstock.com for selling such trash. A person would be better off just saving themselves the aggravation and flushing $XXX.XX down the toilet!!!
Love the cabinet, but not high quality, its particle board,, but suits the purpose for what I needed it for.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
If you want a lasting, durable piece of storage furniture, this is not it. However, we needed an extra closet in our guest room and for the money, this wardrobe has worked out really well. The package is very heavy so you will need two people to move it or will need to open it and move it in pieces. The pieces are made of pressboard and the back and interior panel of the doors are glorified cardboard, but once you have it together, it looks pretty good. The assembly is straight forward and the instructions are clear. If your expectations are accurate, you won't be disappointed. If you think you're getting an heirloom, think again.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very similar
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is fairly flimsy, but it offers good storage area and serves the purpose just fine.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate