I love making bread and have used a breadmaker mostly on "dough" setting for years. My old one (purchased from Overstock years ago) finally gave out; was thinking of purchasing the Zojirushi becaue of its reputation and was delighted to find one on the Overstock website. I was a little concerned about how the duel blades would work, but after my first batch all concerns were laid to rest - bread was awesome. Good idea to watch the instructional video and read the instruction booklet. There are several options when working with this breadmaker that might confuse or discourage a "newbie." End result very worth it!
For years, I had always used an Oster breadmaker. Oster makes a great product and it served me well. However, this time I decided to give the Zojirushi a try, principally because of all the positive reviews and the fact that the top of the crust comes out like a regular loaf of bread. (It isn't a "squared tube shape" like so many of the others. I read a lot of reviews on the Zojirushi that said one might have to "tweak" the recipe. Well, I've always made up my own recipe to a certain extent, so while I followed the "quantities" of the items, such as flour, sugar, etc., I mixed and matched recipes using the Italian wheat bread as my starting point. Wow! These are the best loaves of bread! I exchanged some of the wheat and white flour for a little of sprouted wheat flour, sesame seeds, whole grains, sunflower seeds, amaranth, and so on. The loaf comes out a golden brown with a wonderful texture and delicious taste. Fantastic. Wish I had bought a Zojirushi years ago.
Fixed recipe for American Cheese and Onion bread. Measured ingredients and placed them in bread pan Set the machine up and it started to mix the bread. Then it stopped. Checked out unit by unplugging and using another electrical outlet. Nothing. It didn't heat, mix or groan, just sat there. I did get the bread baked in my oven. Recipe is wonderful.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? right on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. When it worked it was excellent. Had to send back and got a refund. Now, I don't know which bread machine to but
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Okay
The Zojirushi is the cadillac of all bread machines. It is worth the extra cost over more budget priced models. I love the multiple features, settings, and the horizontal loaf pan which makes a traditional sized loaf of bread. Making bread daily in our house is much simpler with a Zojirushi.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same color as pictured
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This is the best bread machine I have ever used. I'm on my third model in 13 years, and it is used every day in my house.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? True to the picture.
Only have had it for a month but have made many lofts of bread and all have come out as good or better than expected.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? As expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellant
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Right on!
Got this for my daughter for her birthday. It is AMAZING!!! It has everything you could want in a breadmaker.....even a jam and cake setting!! We made several types of loaves of bread and then tried the dough only method to make rolls and pizza crust. It is fantastic! Just add your ingredients and it does the work! It has a timer to make fresh bread to go with your meals; even has a signal for when to add ingredients such as nuts, seeds, or berries! WE LOVE IT!!!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exactly the same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. fantastic quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? perfect description